STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If you had specific things you wanted to mod the devs may (or may not) share enough code for you to make an extension.
    We have shared various bits of code for Call of Cthulhu to enable people do some modding for example.
    I mostly want to monkey with the character sheet so I can make it more conducive for play with my house rules (using modified 13G runes instead of icons). I would make dramatic changes to the icons tab and probably the main tab too.

Not sure how I can do that with only partial access to the code. I really wish it werent protected.

how easy is it to do custom classes like from Trueways or the 13 age Glorantha book?

Classes dont exist in the ruleset implementation. Just powers and the like. Those are easy to make.

thanks for your informative reply

Maybe it‘s in error, you can‘t select ‚classes‘ from the library button. You are not able to choose it from the 4E Ruleset either, but you can select it from the library button, if you use the 5E ruleset, the C&C ruleset, the StarFinder or the Pathfinder ruleset (although the latter two don‘t have any default entries).

To me it‘s strange you can‘t create a manual entry for the ‚classes‘ group. It‘s simply a header to group entries. You can find the default class description in the 13th Age CoreRules under section 05) Classes.
    It seems if you click on a CoreRule class entry like ‚Fighter‘, it just pops up a window with a short description, but not with the Fighter Overview, Fighter maneuvers, ... as a sub chapter link (hard to explain). However, if you know where to search, you can open the chapter detail on the left hand side of the reference manual to get to those details.

well i went and flashed out on the rule set, pity none of the £36 goes to the author! i was surprised to see all of my old 4e monster mods turn up in the library in apparently usable form but then the ruleset is based on 4e rather than Core which may be a problem for this rule sets long term future

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    well i went and flashed out on the rule set, pity none of the £36 goes to the author! i was surprised to see all of my old 4e monster mods turn up in the library in apparently usable form but then the ruleset is based on 4e rather than Core which may be a problem for this rule sets long term future
    4e is based on CoreRPG
    Its like Pathfinder is based on 3.5E which is based on CoreRPG

ok stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Anyway, I *should* have *something* for you all in a few days (depending upon how long it takes SW to upload it after I upload to them) - no, that's not a promise but a hopeful, tentative ETA
    Unfortunately no updates for since July (5 months) now. Sigh. I wonder how this is affecting sales:
    https://iconicpodcast.com/2018/11/19/s2-e17/

Well, I can stomach the ruleset not being quite as feature rich but considering the cost, I would hope for more frequent updates.

This is both for dealing with known bugs and maybe adding a bit more functionality here and there. I would pony up for Bestiary 2 and 13TW as well.

I understand and respect that FG dev time is finite. There are more popular rulesets and FGU to worry about. As a small community, we likely arent first in line for support. That being said, the ruleset is protected and we cannot, therefore, fix it ourselves. We also paid a premium here. This thing was, IMO, fairly pricey.

So, please folks, more frequent updates would be welcome.

Thread Information