STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    There is about half of the required information here...
    Yeah I eventually figured it out, took quite a while but I got both base and stress dice

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    In that game I think the other numbers are completely irrelevant.

Full disclosure: that’s what I was making MY dice for too (the alien RPG!). Although I don’t yet have the rule book so I was guessing. I wasn’t aware that one set of dice needed a special result on both a 1 and a 6, so... back to the drawing board.
    I got it figured out. Once I get the graphics done, I can send you the files

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What else should the dice do?
    How many dice do you roll?
    What happens on 1-5 and 2-5?
    What do the successes and failures do?
    How would you rort the results of the roll?
    I have it figured out, but just to explain this:

You have two sets of d6. Base die, and stress die. Whenever you make a roll, you roll your base die. Each 6 (looks like a + sign on the dice) you get a success. Nothing else matters on this die.

For every point of stress you have, when you roll base die, you also roll a number of stress die equal to your stress level. These die add to your base die, in that you also want a 6 (+ sign) but if you roll a 1(facehugger symbol) you panic, and roll all your stress die to compare to a panic table to determine what effect takes hold of you.

I don’t have it rigged to automatically roll on the panic table, but that’s fine, as I don’t know yet if that’s every time or if there are exceptions.

Ok I’m not sure why, but the dS (stress dice) are displaying the rolls vertically (breaking frame) while the dB (base dice) are displaying properly. Is there a conflict with placement and the dS line somewhere? That’s the only thing I think really changed aside from what numbers to look for in the rolls

Edit, and I suppose I duplicated the code that looks for a 6 so that the stress dice look for both a 6 and a 1 and return different results (6=success, 1=fail)
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; July 20th, 2019 at 03:50.

i've never attached a file here before, so here goes, just finished and i think they're working great. let me know.

Alien RPG Base and Stress Die
    Extension reads as “Alien RPG Dice”

updated to include all the missing numbers, as you need those on occasion, it seems
    updated to group successes of either dS or dB together, rather than seeing two "successes" results if you used a dice pool extension and rolled both sets of dS and dB at once.
    updated to change base dice to a yellow texture. somewhat reflects the actual base die, and differentiates it from the stress die.
    updated to fix the extension as Trenloe suggested, and swapped the dice colours as i had the colours wrong last time
    FML updated again because when i swapped colours, i forgot to use the correct naming convention for the stress dice icons
    update lets try this again. i've used 7zip and it looks like it works, though it's made my images have a lesser resolution, so i'll have to check on that, but for now, this appears to work this time
    updated so now the chat will only read results that come up. (for example, if you roll a bunch of stress and base dice together, and only successes come up, the chat will only tell you how many successes there are. if only fails come up, it will tell you how many fails you rolled, and if both come up, it will tell you how many of each, rather than showing results of 0)

here's an example of what comes up
    example.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; July 25th, 2019 at 20:48. Reason: fixed file: hopefully the last time

Great job! Thanks for the extension. Looking forward for a theme extension to put us in the Alien mood! This is gonna be a great RPG!

I downloaded the extensions and move it to my Fantasy Ground Data file under extension, as well as the Custom Dice Extension. The Stress Dice extension does not appear in choices when I created a campaign in CoreRPG. The Custom Dice Extension appears as a choice as well as my other extensions
    Last edited by Voxpopuli; July 21st, 2019 at 18:01.

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    updated to change base dice to a yellow texture. somewhat reflects the actual base die, and differentiates it from the stress die.
    Attachment 27999
    The extension file hasn't been Zipped correctly - it has the extension folder included. It needs to be Zipped from within the extension folder.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The extension file hasn't been Zipped correctly - it has the extension folder included. It needs to be Zipped from within the extension folder.
    Ah, I’ll fix that later for everyone, thanks for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    there, i think i fixed it, as well as i swapped the colours

Thread Information