Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Demo Campaign - DM Needed

I have played D&D as a player and DM for a long time but I'm a complete noob to FantasyGrounds . I want to try the demo first before buying to see if its worth buying.
    Basically what's need is a DM (With a lot of pacience ) to try the game out for the first time.
    From what I've learned the demo can be played with up to 2 players max so if anyone else wants to join there invited.
    I can play any day (except this Sunday July 16 and Monday July 17, morning and afternoon, at night it's OK) almost any hour so just tell me when.

Hey mate, i'm in the same boat. Wanna give it a test run before jumping headlong into it. I'd love to be the second player, having no expireience in D'ing at all. Mornings aint to good for me, have to be at night. and not thhursdays, but apart from that, it's all good

OK no problem , all we need now is some to be the DM that can play at nite I hope we find one

I'd be interested

Well, too late I guess - but I'd also be interested in trying out the demo before purchasing if there's room. As for being the DM - I'll have to think about it (and maybe read the demo module) - I'll post here by Monday night on wether or not I'll try DMing for you guys though having an experienced FG DM would be best.

Best for would be weekday evenings around 20H00 eastern - except Fridays.

Be seeing you - Aberto2k
    Last edited by aberto2k; July 15th, 2006 at 15:00.

I wouldn't mind running a short session with the demo. I'm on PST which is GMT-8. I could run something on a Saturday or Sunday morning or during the week Monday or Thursday.

Well Grioge, Thursday is fine for me but I think Llirettoc can't play Thursday so it would be either Saturday or Sunday (which ever is fine for me), just tell me the hour (My GMT is -6).

Llrettoc is in Australia so he is going to be 16 to 20 hours different and a day ahead, so I would probably need run on Saturday for him. We'll see if he or Alberto2k posts back. If they both still want to play I'm going to need to run twice because only two players can connect to the demo at once.

ugh - the gods are against me

Sorry - I'm a day late, got swamped at the office.

I actually haven't had the time to even look at the demo adventure and looks like I won't have time until later this week.

I'd love to say I will DM, but I think it would be wise to pull out and let someone with experience (like Grioge) run the demo.

I'm not available on weekends until winter, so I won;t be able to join in on the weekend session. But if you pick a weeknight (after 8pm) I would definately be interested.

Be seeing you - AB

I would be happy to run on Thursday night about 8:30 PM eastern. You are on daylight savings time right? That will be 5:30 PM from me and I think 7:30 for Aramil_rbv.

I looked over the demo again and I don't think I'm going to use that scenario. The demo is actually pretty good at showing you the things a DM can do to prepare a scenario. What I don't think it is good at is showing the rest of details of actually *playing* over the Internet.

What I thought I would do is run a very brief 2 or 3 room dungeon crawl with the emphasis on the things the demo doesn't show - how to use the character sheets, set up short cut keys, roll the dice, make skill checks, draw on the map. Because nothing is saved in the demo I don’t really want to spend tons of time on inputting everything but try for a sample of different things.

If you have any specific questions about something let me know and I’ll make sure to cover it. Next we need a way to pass my IP address around on game day. Do you guys have Yahoo Messager? That would probably be easiest for me, I’m Griogre on that also.

I'm in

Thursday (July 20) night is good for me - and YahooMSG isn't a problem. I've got the same nick - aberto2k - on that too.

I don't mind the dungeon crawl, anything that goes through what this software can do will be fine for me.

I guess we'll create characters when we get online then?

Be seeing you - Aberto2k

Thread Information