DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    This looks awesome, thanks a bunch! One doubt, though: is there any way that the bonus is automatically added when you click on the roll from a spell? I can get it in standard rolls, and also when rolling from the Arts window, but when I click on a spell, it just rolls the die and states the result...

Thanks!

Yes, the spell is where it starts. In the Form/Technique field, you would need to type out the casting it is. Like for instance Aegis of the Hearth is a ReVi spell. Type out the shorthand in that box. Then drop the spell in the known spells section of the character sheet, or NPC sheet, and click on the roll button. As long as you have levels in Rego and Vim, it should calculate and add the modifier.

Casting Example.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Yes, the spell is where it starts. In the Form/Technique field, you would need to type out the casting it is. Like for instance Aegis of the Hearth is a ReVi spell. Type out the shorthand in that box. Then drop the spell in the known spells section of the character sheet, or NPC sheet, and click on the roll button. As long as you have levels in Rego and Vim, it should calculate and add the modifier.
    Ooooh... so the trick was using shorthand for the Arts! That worked like a charm (or, rather, as a spell), thanks a lot! One related question: would it be possible to include the name of the spell in the chat output when you roll for it? Now it only states the Te/Fo combination, but having the spell's name could be rather handy for reference...

Thanks again!

Hmmm... that should put the spell name when casting. If you see in my example it is casting Aegis of the Hearth and outputted to the chat. Maybe I did a slight fix after release. I can post an updated ruleset with my current changes.

I pretty much stick to the spell codes in the book so for the other methods just see what it says on the spell in the rulebooks and it should roll correctly.

Also, the item types are Armor, Weapon, Enchanted Item (Type or Subtype), Laboratory Text to get relevant fields

For NPCs the combat field will create rolls if you stick to the format <attack>: Init +/-# Atk +/-# Def +/-# Dam +/-#
    Last edited by superteddy57; January 23rd, 2019 at 14:14.

Updated first post with v2.1. Fine tuned spell casting to show name of spell.

That's awesome, thanks! With the new version it works perfectly!

(Just in case you accept further feedback, including the level of the spell in the chat output would be even better, since it would be enough to compare the roll with the level with just a glance. It's a totally minor detail, but anyway...).

I'll give a try to items too, this ruleset is my dream come true!

That was my next to do on the list. I just honestly need feedback and suggestions. For my groups and solo play this works well and I'm adding things that will make my life easier running the games. So your feedback is doing wonders. Keep them coming and I'll keep working on this. In reference to your suggestion, do you want it to just display the spell level or have it compared? Oh, and the only thing missing from casting rolls is the relevant casting stat. Haven't worked out how I'm going to do that for each of the different styles yet. Figured it's easier to just reference the characteristics and do simple math.

And if anyone or yourself wish to reach me on Discord, I have the same name on there.

Nice! I'll drop any ideas I come up with while I explore the ruleset. Regarding spell level vs roll, I think that having the level stated next to the name would be enough, but if comparing them automatically is just as easy to do, well, that never hurts...

Regarding casting stats, I'm not sure I'm following you... isn't it always Stamina that is used to cast a spell?

Well that is with Hermetic casting. Amazon's use communication due to the chanting as an example. So that is not implemented yet. I have all the books and added most of the supplements are being represented with the character sheet

Oh, it's for those minor, irritating hedgies! OK, I understand now...

Now seriously, I love that you included so many non-Hermetic traditions, they're really great, but I guess it must be tricky to include a different stat for each roll/tradition. Adding them manually should be enough for now...

Thread Information