DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Thank you so much for doing this amazing ruleset. I wanted to know if it is possible to add Stamina to the Form/Technique roll. Also is it possible to make a special roll for learnt spells (the dice doesn't explode with 1 or botch with 10)?
    Also i can't make the damage work. It didn't allow me to introduce the damage on the weapon. Is there any special way?
    Thanks in regard

Adding Stamina is on the list for the Form/Technique roll. I could try and make a different roller for the learned spells. I might be rusty, but I thought you still rolled stress on learned spells. Could you point me to the rulebook page for that? Can you show me pics for the damage on weapons?

Edit
    I checked on the Damage for weapons and I think that is a base number and not a roll as it's based on the attack roll or am I incorrect?

I will be updating the Items to have drop downs for the types to help GMs. So I'll get Stamina added along with it. Give me till tomorrow since I have an off day of work tomorrow. If you can get me your suggestions and critiques by tomorrow, they'll make it in to the update.
    Last edited by superteddy57; July 24th, 2019 at 20:40.

Formulaic magic depends on the situation, it's a simple roll in calm situations, and a stress roll in... well, stressful situations. See page 81 in the corebook:

The type of die rolled depends on the situation. If the maga is not under any pressure, it is a simple die. If she is in a stressful situation, it is a stress die. If the maga has mastered the spell, the die is always a stress die, but in a calm situation there are no botch dice, even if the maga is in a strange aura
    Weapon damage, indeed, includes no roll: it's just the weapon's Damage modifier + user's Strength + Attack advantage

Cool thanks. I'll add a second roll button for non-stress. I'll also add STA to the rolls as well. I'm also going to link STR to the Dam box as well.

Updated first post with new version.

-Added a second roll button to learned spells for normal casting.
    -Casting rolls will now include Stamina with the roll
    -Added drop down lists for item types and subtypes

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Adding Stamina is on the list for the Form/Technique roll. I could try and make a different roller for the learned spells. I might be rusty, but I thought you still rolled stress on learned spells. Could you point me to the rulebook page for that? Can you show me pics for the damage on weapons?

Edit
    I checked on the Damage for weapons and I think that is a base number and not a roll as it's based on the attack roll or am I incorrect?

I will be updating the Items to have drop downs for the types to help GMs. So I'll get Stamina added along with it. Give me till tomorrow since I have an off day of work tomorrow. If you can get me your suggestions and critiques by tomorrow, they'll make it in to the update.

Thank you so much! i really appreciate your work, it allows me to play my favorite game in Fantasy Grounds. The rule (page 81) says that in a non stressful situation formulaic spells use simple dice. The same rule applies to the skills, you don't always roll a stress die. I presume i'm doing something wrong. Ill send you the pic. Sin título.png. Also with the attack of the NPC it doesnt work.Sin título2.png

So you are doing great up till you select the type. Unfortunately I have not got it to open directly to weapons. With the latest update it should be easier as it's a drop down box now. Just select Weapon and you are all set with them. Now for the NPC rolls, I tested it out and I would turn off the Dice Pool as my rolls don't play nice with that feature. It is on my list to have that disabled upon starting a campaign. For now, you may have to just turn it off with each new campaign.

As for the stress vs normal dice question. I may have to set up a flag or some indication of what type of roll is being performed. The only way to truly get it to work as intended at the moment would be to roll the option on the sheet for stress and simply used the roll as indicated. If a 1 or 10 is rolled then they can be easily deciphered from the output. I don't have much room in some areas for two kinds of rolls, so I will have to consider a alternate way for each to be performed. I may even use a keyboard option like holding shift for stress and no shift for normal. It will require some time unfortunately for me to test this new system.

Hey there! Unsure of where else to put this so sorry for bringing back a thread that was last posted in July 2019!
    With FGU out in Early Release, I tested to see if Ars Magica still works (I've been gearing up to start a game in the next month or so) but see that it does not work anymore in FGU.

I realize it just came out in Early Release - I am just wondering if this might be something you work on in the future to update for the new system?

Till then, I will happily be using it in FG Classic and I appreciate your work in making it! I would not be looking to run a game if it did not exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Pujaree View Post
    Hey there! Unsure of where else to put this so sorry for bringing back a thread that was last posted in July 2019!
    With FGU out in Early Release, I tested to see if Ars Magica still works (I've been gearing up to start a game in the next month or so) but see that it does not work anymore in FGU.

I realize it just came out in Early Release - I am just wondering if this might be something you work on in the future to update for the new system?

Till then, I will happily be using it in FG Classic and I appreciate your work in making it! I would not be looking to run a game if it did not exist!
    This is honestly my go to fantasy ruleset and love the system. Unfortunately this was a fan project I made prior to me being hired on as a developer. I asked SmiteWorks to allow me to continue posting these so as to allow continued use of them. I won't be able to provide major updates to them and will be left pretty much as is for now.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    This is honestly my go to fantasy ruleset and love the system. Unfortunately this was a fan project I made prior to me being hired on as a developer. I asked SmiteWorks to allow me to continue posting these so as to allow continued use of them. I won't be able to provide major updates to them and will be left pretty much as is for now.
    We will try and make sure that they work in FGU though!

Thread Information