DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 17 First ... 678910 ... Last
    I was debating kickstarting Cults of Death myself, but I would like to get the hard copy and shipping prices for the rest of the world are just too much. I'll try and pick it up later from a local retailer.
    Ultimate License holder.

Discord username: Halaku

Currently GMing:
    * Ashes of Ardenyan Chapter 2 - Pathfinder
    * Venice by Night - Vampire the Masquerade
    * Adventures in the Ebony Kingdom - Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition

Playing In:

Finished Campaigns
    * Curse of Strahd - DnD 5e
    * Ashes of Ardenyan - Pathfinder
    * Necessary Evil the Next Generation - Masks
    * Slipstream - Savage Worlds
    * Necessary Evil - Savage Worlds
    * Star Wars Age of Rebellion - FFG Star Wars

I got the pdf and I'm paying the kickstarter price for the retail version as my friend owns a brick and mortar which has some way of lessening shipping costs. I prefer to have both, pdf for quick searchable reference, physical for evil plotting in my ritual chamber.

No more news on this then?
    Ultimate License holder.

Discord username: Halaku

Currently GMing:
    * Ashes of Ardenyan Chapter 2 - Pathfinder
    * Venice by Night - Vampire the Masquerade
    * Adventures in the Ebony Kingdom - Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition

Playing In:

Finished Campaigns
    * Curse of Strahd - DnD 5e
    * Ashes of Ardenyan - Pathfinder
    * Necessary Evil the Next Generation - Masks
    * Slipstream - Savage Worlds
    * Necessary Evil - Savage Worlds
    * Star Wars Age of Rebellion - FFG Star Wars

What? You expect them to keep us informed? It's only been more than 3 month's since it should have been released...

Personally I am amazed they didn't get it out in time for LA by Night Season 4. Could have sponsored 1 episode or something, saying: "Hey. We got this thing here" to a lot of potential customers. Total no-brainer in my world.... then again. I am no businessman, so what do I know?

It's not a smiteworks delay, it's a developer/White Wolf delay. The ruleset is still in quality testing, LA by Night was pre-filmed some time ago and it is unlikely the sponsorship could have gone through. I am personally happy that this is happening as it increases the chances of the ruleset being comprehensive and well polished. However that does exarcerbate delays as WW is now a Paradox subsidiary and there is likely a lot of corporate procedure delaying everything. Last news was the fixes were completed and the ruleset was in testing again. I set my own campaign start date at summer, which is the *most* conservative estimation possible. More realistically I'd expect some news this month, and release within 2 months, but that all depends on how good the developer is at their job, and how nitpicky WW/Paradox are. On which I have 0 knowledge so I set my expectations on the worst possible scenarion.

Always good to set expectations low and that way if something happens sooner great if not it's not a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Always good to set expectations low and that way if something happens sooner great if not it's not a let down.
    This is a proper approach. I even go negative when I go to the movies nowadays.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Any news from Paradox? Just figure I would ask. 😄

I am pretty sure it sank in the corporate channels, lawyers, QAs, IP owners, and then repeating it again just in case.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

It's just crazy that they tested it sent it back then turned around and it got resubmitted and like you say just disappeared.

Thread Information