Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    I was debating kickstarting Cults of Death myself, but I would like to get the hard copy and shipping prices for the rest of the world are just too much. I'll try and pick it up later from a local retailer.
    Ultimate License holder.

Discord username: Halaku

Currently GMing:
    * Curse of Strahd - DnD 5e
    * Star Wars Age of Rebellion - FFG Star Wars
    * Venice by Night - Vampire the Masquerade

Playing In:

Finished Campaigns
    * Ashes of Ardenyan - Pathfinder
    * Slipstream - Savage Worlds
    * Necessary Evil - Savage Worlds

I got the pdf and I'm paying the kickstarter price for the retail version as my friend owns a brick and mortar which has some way of lessening shipping costs. I prefer to have both, pdf for quick searchable reference, physical for evil plotting in my ritual chamber.

No more news on this then?
    Ultimate License holder.

Discord username: Halaku

Currently GMing:
    * Curse of Strahd - DnD 5e
    * Star Wars Age of Rebellion - FFG Star Wars
    * Venice by Night - Vampire the Masquerade

Playing In:

Finished Campaigns
    * Ashes of Ardenyan - Pathfinder
    * Slipstream - Savage Worlds
    * Necessary Evil - Savage Worlds

What? You expect them to keep us informed? It's only been more than 3 month's since it should have been released...

Personally I am amazed they didn't get it out in time for LA by Night Season 4. Could have sponsored 1 episode or something, saying: "Hey. We got this thing here" to a lot of potential customers. Total no-brainer in my world.... then again. I am no businessman, so what do I know?

It's not a smiteworks delay, it's a developer/White Wolf delay. The ruleset is still in quality testing, LA by Night was pre-filmed some time ago and it is unlikely the sponsorship could have gone through. I am personally happy that this is happening as it increases the chances of the ruleset being comprehensive and well polished. However that does exarcerbate delays as WW is now a Paradox subsidiary and there is likely a lot of corporate procedure delaying everything. Last news was the fixes were completed and the ruleset was in testing again. I set my own campaign start date at summer, which is the *most* conservative estimation possible. More realistically I'd expect some news this month, and release within 2 months, but that all depends on how good the developer is at their job, and how nitpicky WW/Paradox are. On which I have 0 knowledge so I set my expectations on the worst possible scenarion.

Always good to set expectations low and that way if something happens sooner great if not it's not a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Always good to set expectations low and that way if something happens sooner great if not it's not a let down.
    This is a proper approach. I even go negative when I go to the movies nowadays.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information