FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FG on Mojave for Mac

I'm saddened to learn after upgrading all my computers to Mac OS Mojave that I won't be able to use Fantasy Grounds. Not only is my company a HUGE advocate of Fantasy Grounds releasing new modules all the time but in my personal gaming group we rely completely on Fantasy Grounds for our campaign. If I cannot access Fantasy Grounds we will no longer be able to play our game since every bit of information is stored in a program which is now inaccessable to me.

I'm wondering if Doug and John has a forthcoming solution. My next game happens in about one week and without FG we'll be rolling up new characters for a pencil and paper game- not a bad thing mind you, just not our preferred method of gaming.

Happy gaming to all and sending positive thoughts regarding a version of Fantasy Grounds finally designed with Mac users in mind.

Thank you,

Jonathan G. Nelson
    Owner/Publisher
    AAW Games

MODERATOR: Moved to a more appropriate forum
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 25th, 2018 at 21:27.

Quote Originally Posted by AAWGAMES View Post
    I'm saddened to learn after upgrading all my computers to Mac OS Mojave that I won't be able to use Fantasy Grounds. [...]
    Happy gaming to all and sending positive thoughts regarding a version of Fantasy Grounds finally designed with Mac users in mind.

Thank you,

Jonathan G. Nelson
    Owner/Publisher
    AAW Games
    Hi Jonathan, I'm running FG on Mojave!!! Unity version will be native for MacOS...

Blog Entries
    I'm saddened to learn after upgrading all my computers to Mac OS Mojave that I won't be able to use Fantasy Grounds. Not only is my company a HUGE advocate of Fantasy Grounds releasing new modules all the time but in my personal gaming group we rely completely on Fantasy Gr...
    Hey Jonathan, can you give us some more details as to if it's just a misunderstanding or that after your update FG isn't working or...? Are you running through Steam or the Mac/wine installer here or through your own install of Wine/Parallels/Bootcamp?

As g0ntzal says, it can work with Mojave, let's just figure out whats going on so we can get you the solution

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi everyone! Thanks for offering to help me. I really appreciate that.

When I try and open Fantasy Grounds it just doesn't open, that's all I can tell you. It started after I installed Mojave. I click it and it shows that little expanding graphic like it's going to open but nothing ever happens.

This is NOT a Steam install as that version was extremely problematic for me on both Apple computers - it kept having strange issues where it would reinstall and erase everything each time I used it. Messed around with that for a few months before using the method described on FantasyGrounds.com for installing to Mac.

Should I just remove all files (back up my campaign) and then reinstall Fantasy Grounds using the installer for Mac from FantasyGrounds.com?

Thanks again for being willing to help me!

-Jonathan

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone! Thanks for offering to help me. I really appreciate that.

When I try and open Fantasy Grounds it just doesn't open, that's all I can tell you. It started after I installed Mojave. I click it and it shows that little expanding graphic like it's going to open but nothing ever happens.

This is NOT a Steam install as that version was extremely problematic for me on both Apple computers - it kept having strange issues where it would reinstall and erase everything each time I used it. Messed around with that for a few months before using the method described on FantasyGrounds.com for installing to Mac.

Should I just remove all files (back up my campaign) and then reinstall Fantasy Grounds using the installer for Mac from FantasyGrounds.com?

Thanks again for being willing to help me!

-Jonathan
    If you are confident you know how to get the files out and back them up, then a fresh install is probably the fastest solution. I just don't know enough about Macs to give you any specific suggestions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Jonathan, I seem to remember from the past that people have had better luck with the (wine wrapper) from Fantasy Grounds website to install the program. A file backup is always a good idea when having issues. Since I have not touched a Mac since the Apple 2e, I would send Smiteworks an email for help... As I will not be of much

I am sure you have the email address!

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    Hi Jonathan, I'm running FG on Mojave!!! Unity version will be native for MacOS...
    g0ntzal, did you have to update the wrapper engine for the WINE wrapper or anything when you upgraded to Mohave?

@AAWGames, you might try switching the settings for the X11 or the built-in Mac graphics driver to see if that fixes your issue.

Try this:
    1. Open your Applications folder and right-click (or control-click) the Fantasy Grounds.app file in Applications and choose "Show Package Contents"
    2. open Wineskin.app in the folder that opens.
    3. choose Advanced
    4. go to the Tools tab
    5. click Refresh Wrapper and let it run (DO NOT CLICK REBUILD WRAPPER!)
    6. click Test Run to see if Fantasy Grounds run.
    7. If the previous symptoms re-occur, do the following
    8. Go back to the Advanced screen and open Set Screen Options
    9. Choose "Use Mac Driver instead of X11" and click Done (or vice versa)
    10. Test again.

HI Doug!

Thanks for the tips.

I tried the REFRESH WRAPPER and TEST RUN - nothing.
    Then I tried the USE MAC DRIVER INSTEAD OF X!! and TEST RUN - nothing.

Shall I simply remove all files and do a fresh install of FG? I have backed up my campaign folder with the only files I want to keep.

Thanks again everyone for kindly helping me!

-Jonathan

Thread Information