STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I have had this occur multiple times requiring re-download and reinstall of the entire FG software, including backup and restore of my campaign data.

System log on the Mac dumps the following when searching for "Fantasy"

Code:
    Apr 16 11:08:54 NYC-STURTR5 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (Fantasy Grounds.Wineskin.prefs.38960[947]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    Apr 16 11:10:55 NYC-STURTR5 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (Fantasy Grounds.Wineskin.prefs.38960[987]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    Apr 16 11:24:34 NYC-STURTR5 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (Fantasy Grounds.Wineskin.prefs.38960[1716]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    Apr 16 11:26:06 NYC-STURTR5 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (Fantasy Grounds.Wineskin.prefs.38960[2115]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    The failure is otherwise entirely silent. Opening the app, simply nothing happens. I'm no novice to Macs (20 years of Mac support experience), and could spend some time troubleshooting, but I have a full time tech job, kids, and in 3 campaigns. I use FG as a DM screen in-person, as a DM online, and as a player online. This symptom really started with Mojave.

Also: Consider that FG will probably not work on the fall macOS update, since they have warned that they are dropping all support for 32 bit apps. I know you are shooting for December release of Unity, but maybe release MVP/beta to Mac users with the caveat that the content will not be upgraded with the buffed content like LoS, etc. Otherwise, players will update or buy new computers with the new OS pre-installed, and your software won't work.

Always right click and exit, not the close window in the upper corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    I have had this occur multiple times requiring re-download and reinstall of the entire FG software, including backup and restore of my campaign data.

System log on the Mac dumps the following when searching for "Fantasy"

Code:
    Apr 16 11:08:54 NYC-STURTR5 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (Fantasy Grounds.Wineskin.prefs.38960[947]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    Apr 16 11:10:55 NYC-STURTR5 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (Fantasy Grounds.Wineskin.prefs.38960[987]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    Apr 16 11:24:34 NYC-STURTR5 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (Fantasy Grounds.Wineskin.prefs.38960[1716]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    Apr 16 11:26:06 NYC-STURTR5 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (Fantasy Grounds.Wineskin.prefs.38960[2115]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    The failure is otherwise entirely silent. Opening the app, simply nothing happens. I'm no novice to Macs (20 years of Mac support experience), and could spend some time troubleshooting, but I have a full time tech job, kids, and in 3 campaigns. I use FG as a DM screen in-person, as a DM online, and as a player online. This symptom really started with Mojave.

Also: Consider that FG will probably not work on the fall macOS update, since they have warned that they are dropping all support for 32 bit apps. I know you are shooting for December release of Unity, but maybe release MVP/beta to Mac users with the caveat that the content will not be upgraded with the buffed content like LoS, etc. Otherwise, players will update or buy new computers with the new OS pre-installed, and your software won't work.
    I unsubscribed from FG because of the issues. I will resubscribe when the next version of FG comes out and give that a try. I play online with my friends through discord now. Works just fine. Not as good obviously but it doesn't waste my time trying to trouble shoot it all.

But it does work on mojave

I am using Mojave

Quote Originally Posted by AAWGAMES View Post
    I'm saddened to learn after upgrading all my computers to Mac OS Mojave that I won't be able to use Fantasy Grounds. Not only is my company a HUGE advocate of Fantasy Grounds releasing new modules all the time but in my personal gaming group we rely completely on Fantasy Grounds for our campaign. If I cannot access Fantasy Grounds we will no longer be able to play our game since every bit of information is stored in a program which is now inaccessable to me.

I'm wondering if Doug and John has a forthcoming solution. My next game happens in about one week and without FG we'll be rolling up new characters for a pencil and paper game- not a bad thing mind you, just not our preferred method of gaming.

Happy gaming to all and sending positive thoughts regarding a version of Fantasy Grounds finally designed with Mac users in mind.

Thank you,

Jonathan G. Nelson
    Owner/Publisher
    AAW Games

MODERATOR: Moved to a more appropriate forum

It works fine with Mojave. I am sure he meant Catalina.

The problem won’t be long. When FGU comes out it should work with any modern Mac OS.

Thread Information