5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: purevpn

That also explains why zerotime didn’t work when I tried

Blog Entries
    PureVPN has a very good technical support team. My suggestion is to call them and make sure the software is running well.

There are a few things I would check after PureVPN is connecting and working (like making sure you have an exception in your firewall for the program), but first getting the VPN to work helps.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

So tested local address and that didn't work either assuming that means my fire wall is blocking the program?

Quote Originally Posted by blueknight122 View Post
    So tested local address and that didn't work either assuming that means my fire wall is blocking the program?
    More than likely. There'll be "something" on that computer. What security, anti-virus and anti-malware applications do you run?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by blueknight122 View Post
    Mcafee
    Lots of good information about getting FG connectivity with McAfee here. Read through the whole thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Guide&p=408615
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you everyone with all the messages. The Mcafee post got me the success i was needing you guys are awesome.

Ok, I'm having a similar issue but I've got mcafee turned off. all ports open on purevpn. netstat shows 1802 is listening but no FG connect and canyouseeme fails. Connectivity works on a local lan. I'm trying to connect at a hotel which is why I bought the purevpn with port forwarding. Any ideas?

Connectivity testing at hotel:
    Hotel wifi: set to private
    Mcafee firewall: turned off
    no other security software running
    purvpn port-forwarding: all ports open
    netstat result: 1802 listening
    canyouseeme port 1802: failed
    FG running
    FG test: failed

update:

tinkered with the purevpn settings and connections more and made a tiny bit of progress. Canyouseeme now shows success on port 1802 scan. But I still can't ever get the connection test in the FG launcher to resolve. It doesn't say failed anymore but it hangs on "in progress".

Quote Originally Posted by rsqdivr View Post
    update:

tinkered with the purevpn settings and connections more and made a tiny bit of progress. Canyouseeme now shows success on port 1802 scan. But I still can't ever get the connection test in the FG launcher to resolve. It doesn't say failed anymore but it hangs on "in progress".
    - Make sure you start FG after PureVPN has an IP address.
    - Check that the external IP address shown by FG is the same as the one reported by canyouseeme.
    - Does canyouseeme report a success when FG isn’t running?
    - Make sure the PureVPN network connection is set to be a private network.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 31st, 2018 at 10:04.

Thread Information