STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: purevpn

purevpn

I feel like an idiot because ive spent the last two days just trying to host a game. I gave up on trying port forwarding and im now trying PureVPN i bought their subscription and I cant seem to figure out how every by passed FG connection. Any help would be much appreciated im just frustrated at this point.

Things to keep in mind:
    1) Most people need the PureVPN dedicated IP address add on.
    2) Wait until the PureVPN client has fully connected and assigned an IP address before starting Fantasy Grounds. This ensures FG knows of your VPN IP addrsss - which it needs for the port forwarding test, and also for the alias functionality.
    3) Make sure that the PureVPN network connection is set to Private and not Public. Check this when connected.

If this still doesn’t work, please provide some info of the steps you're taking. Also list the security/anti-virus/anti-malware apps you have installed on your computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the reply I was just adding the extension hoping that would work when you did which gives me a lot more confidence in it. I will post if it works or doesn’t but I do appreciate the fast replies

Blog Entries
    I am assuming the dedicated ip option worked. I am using it right now and have for years.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

No it’s still not working but I believe that’s on purevpn because I can’t seem to establish a connection for the dedicated IP. Sorry didn’t respond sooner just got frustrated with spending all night trying and went to sleep. Unfortunately due to work I won’t be able to work on it more till Tuesday although this is very frustrating I’m not throwing the towel in yet.

If anybody knows a video tutorial on how to set it up I’d be happy to take a look. I tried zero time and while I got an established connection to a server. I couldn’t use it to get connected I’ve been trying to connect with my laptop and desktop as a test and made my wife a demo account on FG. Some I have the ultimate license

Honestly I’m just frustrated and pissed if I have to take a networking class and run my own damn internet with blackjack and hookers I will ��

Quote Originally Posted by blueknight122 View Post
    I couldn’t use it to get connected I’ve been trying to connect with my laptop and desktop as a test and made my wife a demo account on FG.
    When connecting on your own network use the local IP address, not a alias or external IP address - as many routers don't allow connections out to the Internet and then back into the same location.

Do a test on your local network between a GM instance and player instance using the internal IP address reported by the GM's instance of FG on the Load Campaign screen. Don't use a VPN or anything else - and don't do a connection test. If this doesn't work, then there is an issue connecting into the GM's computer as this test will not use the Internet or port forwarding at all.

Let us know how you go with this internal test.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well didn’t realize that thank you for the information. I will still test it locally but I’m definitely needing to get the external up and working because I have other players in different states thank you again for the information. I will keep posting what I learn.

Quote Originally Posted by blueknight122 View Post
    I will still test it locally but I’m definitely needing to get the external up and working because I have other players in different states thank you again for the information.
    Yep, I totally understand that. If the internal test fails, then there's no point in trying to connect someone externally - as it will be the GM computer that is blocking all connections. Testing internally allows you to make sure that the GM computer should accept connections - it's a good test to do, but we don't always suggest it at first as not everyone has two computers in the same house.

Thread Information