STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Yeah, I too adopted the Gumshoe method as soon as I became aware of the concept. Unfortunately, not every adventure is especially well focused on what the players do with the information, so it isn't as well implemented on the fly compared to when it is planned for and used as part of the adventure.

Yeah, not calling for unnecessary rolls is good practice. Sometimes easier said than done though
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

One question: I am highly interested to transfer my VTT from Roll20 over to Fantasy Grounds. Right now FG only has the Deluxe rules and as we all know here, the Adventure Edition is just looming around the corner and is even announced for FG. Does it make sense to purchase the Deluxe Edition at this point or will I need to pay for the Adventure Edition fully anyway (so it would make sense to postpone my purchase after the Adventure Edition is released on FG)?

Wait as they said SWADE rules will probably be paid and if you own Deluxe there is no discount AFAIK.

Thank you! Makes sense :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Razortide View Post
    One question: I am highly interested to transfer my VTT from Roll20 over to Fantasy Grounds. Right now FG only has the Deluxe rules and as we all know here, the Adventure Edition is just looming around the corner and is even announced for FG. Does it make sense to purchase the Deluxe Edition at this point or will I need to pay for the Adventure Edition fully anyway (so it would make sense to postpone my purchase after the Adventure Edition is released on FG)?
    You will get a free upgrade for the ruleset structure, but not the new library data. See here for full details: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...209#post413209
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You will get a free upgrade for the ruleset structure, but not the new library data. See here for full details: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...209#post413209
    Thank you so much! My forum-fu is weak lately, because I am not using many forums anymore. Thank you for digging it up for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Razortide View Post
    I know others have suggested waiting but do you want to start playing now? If your using Roll20 your only using the Deluxe rules there? While they have said its coming I don't think they've exactly indicated when but if I were to guess it would likely coincide with the official release sometime next year or possibly a little earlier then June release. The deluxe ruleset is only $10 and with the steam sale coming up this week it will likely be discounted 20-25% (no guarantees of course). As others have said you will get upgraded for free but if you want the SWADE book in FG form then you would have to shell out another $10 which isn't bad.

If you're looking to start converting over now then I would buy it now and when it comes out next year, it's not a lot of money and it supports the devs in a small way (if the modules were $40 or $50+ then I would definitely suggest just waiting).

Quote Originally Posted by llothos View Post
    I know others have suggested waiting but do you want to start playing now? If your using Roll20 your only using the Deluxe rules there? While they have said its coming I don't think they've exactly indicated when but if I were to guess it would likely coincide with the official release sometime next year or possibly a little earlier then June release. The deluxe ruleset is only $10 and with the steam sale coming up this week it will likely be discounted 20-25% (no guarantees of course). As others have said you will get upgraded for free but if you want the SWADE book in FG form then you would have to shell out another $10 which isn't bad.

If you're looking to start converting over now then I would buy it now and when it comes out next year, it's not a lot of money and it supports the devs in a small way (if the modules were $40 or $50+ then I would definitely suggest just waiting).
    Hey llothos,
    I've already purchased SWDL and DL: Noir. As you said: 10 USD is a steal. I am just annoyed that DL Noir is not completely implemented and the chance of an update are slim. I said it in other threads and won't stop mentioning this until it's upgraded :-)

In Roll20 I've already implemented all known SWADE Rules (New Skills, Free Core Skills, Chase Rules, etc.) I will also continue to use Roll20 for Music.
    Last edited by Razortide; November 20th, 2018 at 07:55.

Thread Information