DMsGuild

Want a FG module of Dragonlance DL1 Dragons of Despair?

How would you like a Fantasy Grounds module of the very first Dragonlance module: DL1 Dragons of Flame? I make FG conversions on the DMsGuild, but in order to sell them I canít have any copyrighted material and it has to be in FaerŻn. But recently, I talked with an expert and learned that I can give you a version I made that has everything and is in Krynn. How you may ask? You have to buy three PDFs from DMsGuild. They are:

1. My FG module
    http://www.dmsguild.com/product/249105
    2. The original module
    http://www.dmsguild.com/product/1688...t_epoch=0&it=1
    3. Dragonlance 3.5 Campaign Book
    http://www.dmsguild.com/product/2859...t_epoch=0&it=1

If you send me a screenshot of your DMsGuild library showing you own these, I can legally send you a fully working (and amazingly beautiful) copy of DL1 Dragons of Flame with all sorts of added materials like an explanation of all the gods, a breakdown of all the languages I added to the module, new class, all the races were turned into DL versions, and much more!
    How is this legal? Letís say you buy those three PDFs. Then I go to your house and make the module for you. Thatís legal and so is this since itís the same thing in essence. Iím just skipping the part where I come to your house.
    Just sharing the love. So if youíre interested, send me a private message!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodkard View Post
    ... but in order to sell them I can’t have any copyrighted material and it has to be in FaerŻn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodkard View Post
    If you send me a screenshot of your DMsGuild library showing you own these, I can legally send you a fully working (and amazingly beautiful) copy of DL1 Dragons of Flame with all sorts of added materials like an explanation of all the gods, a breakdown of all the languages I added to the module, new class, all the races were turned into DL versions, and much more!
    Does this module you're providing contain copyright material? If so, you can't share that legally - it doesn't matter if someone owns the original material.

I'm guessing that this "expert" you talked to said that if someone owned the original material, then you can give them that material in another form? Otherwise, you wouldn't be asking people to buy it.

The first page of the DL1 PDF states: "This module is produced under the copyright laws of the United States of America. Any reproduction or other unauthorized use of the material or artwork contained herein is prohibited without the express written permission of TSR Inc." You can't reproduce this content and give it to anyone else without breaking copyright - it doesn't matter if they own the original product, and it also doesn't matter if you aren't charging for it.

Assuming the FG module you offer contains copyright protected material: What you do privately is up to you - i.e. going to someone's house and making the material for them. That would still break copyright laws, but we would be unaware of that and you're not publicly offering that service here. Advertising on these forums for people to PM you to get this FG module is not permissible - assuming it contains copyright material.
    FG Con 16 Ė Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah! Gotcha. I was totally mislead then. What a shame. Thanks though for the heads up! Never mind folks, haha

It's great that you were looking for ways to provide this material legally. But, as you say, it looks like you were misled.
    FG Con 16 Ė Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It is a pity that we do not have any Dragonlance adventures fo FG yet. I played a lot of Drangonlance in the 90's and I'm eager to DM the classics to the new generartion of VT players. However I don't have te time to convert everything to FG. Well, in fact I'm doing it (bought all AD&D books for FG), but at a very, very slow pace.

Thread Information