5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    Hi Chalmes95, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds (or at least for your first post)!
    Thank you for the compliment on the theme.

The previous poster did not respond to the questions I asked to try to troubleshoot this, thank you for doing so.
    While I do most certainly use most of Dulux-Oz's extensions, I do not use Sound (I use the Syrinscape Online thingy), when I first tried to troubleshoot this, I too could not get AutoSounds or ChatSounds to work... until I enabled sound in the FG settings. Please verify that you have clicked the wee "gear" icon in the top group of button in your sidebar, and under the client section, enabled sound. Having done this, DOE Sound worked as intended for me.

One important caveat - In the DOE Sound docs it states that while ChatSounds work without connected players, AutoSound only works if something would be sent over the internet, which is NOT the case if you have no players connected.

If this does not seem to fix your problem, perhaps you could list the other extensions you have loaded (and check that TCON is the ONLY theme you're trying to use)?

If none of the above solves your problem, we may have to wait until Dulux-Oz returns (he's taking some time off for medical issues) and I can work with him to see if something is amiss.

Thanks,
    Gerry
    The Sound has been Enabled through the menu. (First thing I checked)
    Coming of Night is my only Theme checked.
    After Checking again. I noticed the Auto Chat Sounds seem to be the ones off. The only Auto Sound I have currently is Applydmg.

I did recheck the Volume control to see if I had possibly muted sound or Syrinscape. So I know that isn't the issue.

Seems the only problem is when Auto Chat Sounds aren't triggering properly. I have another computer with a Player loaded in trying also and it seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalmes95 View Post
    The Sound has been Enabled through the menu. (First thing I checked)
    Coming of Night is my only Theme checked.
    After Checking again. I noticed the Auto Chat Sounds seem to be the ones off. The only Auto Sound I have currently is Applydmg.

I did recheck the Volume control to see if I had possibly muted sound or Syrinscape. So I know that isn't the issue.

Seems the only problem is when Auto Chat Sounds aren't triggering properly. I have another computer with a Player loaded in trying also and it seems to be the case.
    Hmm So, I just loaded my campaign, then loaded a player instance and connected.
    I verified chatsounds by having the player character cast Aid, heard the sound as expected.
    I verified Autosounds by having the same player /w gm Help, heard the sound as expected.

So.. I use Rob2E's Sound Library offerings from DMS Guild, because I am too lazy to manually create the sound links (and Rob is a stud who deserves to be paid for his hard work for us). Let's have you open DOE Sound, choose the AutoSound tab, then pick Whisper, opening it (and unlocking it for edit) so we can see the definition. Screenshot this please, so I can see what the setting is. Please also note, many of the sounds in MY AutoSound list do not have actual SyrinScape soundlinks... the sound shows in the list, but nothing actually plays. You know you're linked properly when you get the purple button. I'll include an image here, with two soundlinks opened - one of a properly linked sound (Whisper) and one not properly linked (applyinit). The former works, the latter does not.

(I'm hoping I'm not insulting you by taking the long route through this, but literally the only thing TCON theme has in common with DOE Sound is the icon)

Example image attached.
    FantasyGrounds_2019-03-10_22-45-00.png

Here's my whole GM screen in case you need context (and a preview of part of my next theme):
    FantasyGrounds_2019-03-10_22-49-36.jpg
    Last edited by iotech; March 11th, 2019 at 05:50. Reason: additional image
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    Sorry you're having problem, paldiusdarkhelm.
    I have autosounds working without issue on my setup... let me ask you a few questions:
    - What ruleset have you loaded?
    - What version of SyrinScape do you have loaded and is it running?
    - Have you enabled 3rd Party Integration is SyrinScape?
    - Are you trying to trigger (from Chat) AutoSounds or ChatSounds?
    - Do you have any players connected?
    Hi, iotech. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Oddly, I didn't get an email when you replied. I did get one just now and see a bunch of other activity has happened and someone with a similar issue.

After I do the second Discord instance/account, Windows Sound cable B, Syrinescape, Voicemeter Banana juggle, I have everything setup now with at least chat sounds working without using a theme (I can load 5e core sidebar fine though since not using a theme). I can't remember if we got any autosounds to work. I have some players that were helping me test before my game.

For this game, it is using the 5e ruleset, the latest DOE Base and DOE Sound extensions, Rob2e's 5e Sounds mod, Syrinescape Fantasy Player 1.3.7-20180815. I've tried having 3rd party Integration both off and on (can't remember if this mattered, though you need it on if you want to manually add new links for sounds or edit what's already there from what I can tell?). I have Sound in Fantasy Grounds set to "on" and my players haveit set to "off". The players having their's set to off is actually pretty key with this setup, or they otherwise get Syrinescape install app pop ups if you ever manually click a Syrinscape sound as well.

I also am using lots of other extensions. When I was trying to find out what was causing my chatsounds issues, I turned them all off and one at a time turned them back on integrating them back in. The theme was the last one, and at that point, the sounds stopped.
    Last edited by paladiusdarkhelm; March 11th, 2019 at 14:18.

No worries, Paladiusderkhelm. Thanks for the update. I am slammed at work this week, so it might be towards the weekend before I get to look at this again.

FG Ultimate License

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    Hi, iotech. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Oddly, I didn't get an email when you replied. I did get one just now and see a bunch of other activity has happened and someone with a similar issue.

After I do the second Discord instance/account, Windows Sound cable B, Syrinescape, Voicemeter Banana juggle, I have everything setup now with at least chat sounds working without using a theme (I can load 5e core sidebar fine though since not using a theme). I can't remember if we got any autosounds to work. I have some players that were helping me test before my game.

For this game, it is using the 5e ruleset, the latest DOE Base and DOE Sound extensions, Rob2e's 5e Sounds mod, Syrinescape Fantasy Player 1.3.7-20180815. I've tried having 3rd party Integration both off and on (can't remember if this mattered, though you need it on if you want to manually add new links for sounds or edit what's already there from what I can tell?). I have Sound in Fantasy Grounds set to "on" and my players haveit set to "off". The players having their's set to off is actually pretty key with this setup, or they otherwise get Syrinescape install app pop ups if you ever manually click a Syrinscape sound as well.

I also am using lots of other extensions. When I was trying to find out what was causing my chatsounds issues, I turned them all off and one at a time turned them back on integrating them back in. The theme was the last one, and at that point, the sounds stopped.
    No problem iotech. I should have added at the bottom, this question: Is there a chance that the theme interacts with one of the other extensions and when combine they are together causes this issue where individually, they each may be good?

Huge fan of this theme, Great job.

Anyone still have this theme that would be willing to repost it? Looks like the creator's github is down and they are no longer active.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by doredras View Post
    Anyone still have this theme that would be willing to repost it? Looks like the creator's github is down and they are no longer active.
    @iotech last visited the forums a month ago. So I wouldn't say they're no longer active as that's a long time member still checking in every now and then. Have you tried sending them a PM?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @iotech last visited the forums a month ago. So I wouldn't say they're no longer active as that's a long time member still checking in every now and then. Have you tried sending them a PM?
    Sent a message last November with still no response, quite disappointing as I would really like to use this theme... So if anyone has it, I would appreciate a repost until they can get the github link back up and running

Sorry for your troubles. I'll have a new download link for you later today.

FG Ultimate License

Thread Information