5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    I am just trying to add a map from an image, so that my players can see it. Then I can probably figure out the tokens they way you all have discussed here.

I just bought Fantasy Grounds, but I'm about to do a refund for my ultimate license. It's not as good as the free Roll20 app. Nothing works, it's impossible to get games started, there's just a lot of buttons that don't do anything. I've been at this for two days, watching tutorial videos and reading forums, and I'm just so furious. I thought 'You get what you pay for', but this is such a garbage UI.

How can I get the damn map from Images to the main screen?

Blog Entries
    Welcome SkyWill

I dont know where you are starting from so here is one example -

Click on Images
    Click on Import Files
    Navigate to your map and select it

The map is available to use.

To play on it I suggest you enable a grid, then hit play and then hit lock this will set the map up.
    When ready to share it with your players right click on it and choose sharing and share record.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWill View Post
    I am just trying to add a map from an image, so that my players can see it. Then I can probably figure out the tokens they way you all have discussed here.

I just bought Fantasy Grounds, but I'm about to do a refund for my ultimate license. It's not as good as the free Roll20 app. Nothing works, it's impossible to get games started, there's just a lot of buttons that don't do anything. I've been at this for two days, watching tutorial videos and reading forums, and I'm just so furious. I thought 'You get what you pay for', but this is such a garbage UI.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome SkyWill

I dont know where you are starting from so here is one example -

Click on Images
    Click on Import Files
    Navigate to your map and select it

The map is available to use.

To play on it I suggest you enable a grid, then hit play and then hit lock this will set the map up.
    When ready to share it with your players right click on it and choose sharing and share record.
    Just to visually increment on what damned said, i've made this quick .gif with less than 15 secs so you can see the process.

Hope it helps.
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

Sorry you’re getting frustrated. The first step is not to think that Fantasy Grounds does things the same way as Roll20. Fantasy Grounds is data driven - so you need to have some data to do something. If you’re working on an image, then you need to import an image. If you’re looking for library data then you need to open a library module. Otherwise, yes, clicking buttons won’t show you much because there’s nothing there to show…

Another difference from Roll20 - FG can have multiple images open at once, there’s not really the concept of a main screen image like there is in Roll20 (although you can send an open image to the desktop using the arrow buttons in the top right of the image frame).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The first video here will get you started on images https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

And some of the following ones might be useful as well.

Lots more information on the wiki https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...geId=996704381
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you all. The right clicking and "Share record" was the thing that was missing from the videos so far. Primo, that gif was fantastic. Instead of dozens of 18 minute videos, they should have hired you for making concise and effective tutorials! My self-hate for buying this is subsiding a little. If I post on here again, I promise I will be more calm.

Thank you all. The right clicking and "Share record" was the thing that was missing from the videos so far. Primo, that gif was fantastic. Instead of dozens of 18 minute videos, they should have hired you for making concise and effective tutorials! My self-hate for buying this is subsiding a little. If I post on here again, I promise I will be more calm.
    Glad it helped! If you need any further assistance, we're all here to help. Enjoy!
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

I don't know if it would be possible to insert the tokens or better determine in which layer the tokens would be when editing the map, but when in "game" mode that first dice icon, allow control of the token by the GM and the players who have possession of it.
    Example: I'm in a forest and the composition of the layers is as follows:
    1 - Lighting: Moonlight
    2 - Effect: Mist
    3 - LoS
    4 - Token
    5 - Image
    So with this arrangement the Lighting would affect the whole, the fog and LoS above the Token would make it difficult to see and would generate the boundaries and the image would determine the scene.
    I believe it would bring a difference and a greater immersion to the games....

Thread Information