STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    For droping damage upon a creature I presume you must be on the bottom layer before you drop damage dice on the npc... correct?
    No. The PC and NPC tokens have to go on the top layer - so that the players can interact with them. Only the GM can interact with tokens on the middle or bottom layer.

The PC/NPC token "shadows" on the middle and bottom layer are just to help the GM place other tokens or mask/reveal more accurately. They don't have any link to the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    No. The PC and NPC tokens have to go on the top layer - so that the players can interact with them. Only the GM can interact with tokens on the middle or bottom layer.

The PC/NPC token "shadows" on the middle and bottom layer are just to help the GM place other tokens or mask/reveal more accurately. They don't have any link to the combat tracker.
    Thus the FoW doesn't cover the tokens on that top layer, hence the hide/reveal use of the token correct?
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    Thus the FoW doesn't cover the tokens on that top layer, hence the hide/reveal use of the token correct?
    Masking can only work on a layer with a base image file - hence masking only works on the bottom layer. As PC/NPC tokens have to be on the top layer, they aren't affected by masking, so you have to manually change the visibility of those tokens (via the combat tracker or via the right-click menu of each token).

This is all explained in the first post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sed-on-CoreRPG)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Masking can only work on a layer with a base image file - hence masking only works on the bottom layer. As PC/NPC tokens have to be on the top layer, they aren't affected by masking, so you have to manually change the visibility of those tokens (via the combat tracker or via the right-click menu of each token).

This is all explained in the first post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sed-on-CoreRPG)
    Thanks Trenloe
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

New to FG. How do you cleanly reveal new portions of the dungeon map without giving obvious hints of what lies beyond? In particular, if you have a straight edge along an orthogonal room's wall, wouldn't that give away that there is a directly adjacent room?

Loosely connected caverns seem easiest to mask and reveal, but a lot of adjacent rooms that don't necessarily have a door between them seems a pain.

I'm sure I not envisioning something correctly, or that there is a plugin that addresses this. How do folks handle "room reveals" like this?

Quote Originally Posted by DeDiceManCometh View Post
    New to FG. How do you cleanly reveal new portions of the dungeon map without giving obvious hints of what lies beyond? In particular, if you have a straight edge along an orthogonal room's wall, wouldn't that give away that there is a directly adjacent room?

Loosely connected caverns seem easiest to mask and reveal, but a lot of adjacent rooms that don't necessarily have a door between them seems a pain.

I'm sure I not envisioning something correctly, or that there is a plugin that addresses this. How do folks handle "room reveals" like this?
    I'm not sure what the question is to be honest. To reveal the contents of a square room left click and hold and drag a square or rectangle or whatever until you reveal enough of the room that you want revealed. That would usually be to the walls of the room. For something that isn't square hold down CTRL+left button and drag. This latter is less precise and does need a steady hand.

Perhaps if you posted a screenshot of the room that you have an issue with we could help more.

And welcome to FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by DeDiceManCometh View Post

Just be very careful how you reveal areas where (thin) walls separate rooms. You may find it easier to do a rough reveal within the rooms boundaries then do a fine reveal.

If you don't want to give away that there might be another room on the other side of a wall, then always reveal with only a thin portion of the room edge visible - then the players won't know if that wall is only a foot thick or many feet thick.

Zoom in for more precision while masking/unmasking.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Zoom in for more precision while masking/unmasking.
    This is solid advice.

Thread Information