FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Update 1.0.7.

It's ok, I've found it, the blighter is sometimes refreshing the 'attack value' before the skill link is in place... which is why it works fine IF you quit and re-load your campaign.

Sorry about this, I'll get it pushed tonight.

UpdatedSkillCheck.jpg
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

very interesting, the logging out and reloading is fixing the problem, so its a workaround Gun test 3.png

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    It's ok, I've found it, the blighter is sometimes refreshing the 'attack value' before the skill link is in place... which is why it works fine IF you quit and re-load your campaign.
    It happens. I had a devil of a time trying to track down a similar issue in the Pathfinder Playtest rules. Turns out that a couple of fields that I'd removed from the main tab (as they weren't really relevant and were taking up space) but had left in the combat tab, were being used to initialize placeholders used by other GUI controls (especially modifier fields) - as the Main tab is always the first to open and so everything there is initialized. The issue was, if the Combat tab wasn't opened before adding a weapon, the bonus wouldn't be found. I just added the controls back into the main tab, but made them invisible.

I don't think that will be of much use to this specific issue, but thought I'd mention it.

Another possibility, which could well help here, is to <fastinit /> the skills subwindow when the PC sheet opens. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/subwindow.xcp
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It happens. I had a devil of a time trying to track down a similar issue in the Pathfinder Playtest rules. Turns out that a couple of fields that I'd removed from the main tab (as they weren't really relevant and were taking up space) but had left in the combat tab, were being used to initialize placeholders used by other GUI controls (especially modifier fields) - as the Main tab is always the first to open and so everything there is initialized. The issue was, if the Combat tab wasn't opened before adding a weapon, the bonus wouldn't be found. I just added the controls back into the main tab, but made them invisible.

I don't think that will be of much use to this specific issue, but thought I'd mention it.

Another possibility, which could well help here, is to <fastinit /> the skills subwindow when the PC sheet opens. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/subwindow.xcp
    The issue in the end was the 'skills' field was empty, as it had called the 'onSourceUpdate' before the link field had been populated.

Sometimes it's very hard to debug front-end code like this, doesn't help I keep typing 'console.log()' rather than 'print()'!

Just glad I finally found it, odd thing it worked fine testing last weekend :/

Cheers
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    very interesting, the logging out and reloading is fixing the problem, so its a workaround Gun test 3.png
    That's ok, thanks for helping track down this issue. I'll buy you a beer if you are local.

The issue in the end was the 'skills' field was empty, as it had called the 'onSourceUpdate' before the link field had been populated.
    That's another one. The work around for that, especially for lots of child records where new records might be added later (like skills) is to do the DB handler with a wildcard.

Something like this: DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(nodeChar, "traitlist.*.name"), "onUpdate", onTraitsUpdated);

But then remember to remove the handler when the window closes: DB.removeHandler(DB.getPath(nodeChar, "traitlist.*.name"), "onUpdate", onTraitsUpdated);

(This example is from 5E - campaign\record_char_inventory.xml).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's another one. The work around for that, especially for lots of child records where new records might be added later (like skills) is to do the DB handler with a wildcard.

Something like this: DB.addHandler(DB.getPath(nodeChar, "traitlist.*.name"), "onUpdate", onTraitsUpdated);

But then remember to remove the handler when the window closes: DB.removeHandler(DB.getPath(nodeChar, "traitlist.*.name"), "onUpdate", onTraitsUpdated);
    Dare I say that you should get your backside back to Blighty and armed with a laptop we could peer review a lot of the code in Traveller!

Dare I say that you should get your backside back to Blighty and armed with a laptop we could peer review a lot of the code in Traveller!
    Check my "location"!!!

Newcastle/Mexico, same thing to me.

Serious though, meet up and stuff and wotnot?

What's the 'onDestroy' type event that the DB.removeHandler should be called on?

heres something else odd you might want to look into an error message appears when adding grenades to the character equipment
    gun test 4.png

As for beer sure I'm only down the road in Leicester, but I think I owe you more

Thread Information