STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 18 First ... 41213141516 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

I took a look at the Discord channel and they appear to be tentatively looking at JULY 2020 as a possible Engineer Suite 2 launch date.

If anyone is interested, Theodore in Discord at #engineersuite was instrumental in helping me with my Engineer Suite issues. Theodore took over from Maasq for this application and is currently (along with Kertic and LordDusk) re-coding the software from AutoHotKey to C#. I'm not a coder and have no idea how difficult this is but I'm assuming it takes a while and follows the: [have something] + [miracle happens] = [something new] format and doesn't occur overnight. That said, those working on the project are TENTATIVELY shooting for a 1 July 2020 release date of the revamped program.
    If anyone's interested [hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this] in supporting them and their efforts through Patreon, you can reach it through Discord at #Patreon-donation or https://www.patreon.com/engineersuite2.
    Thanks to damned for the response here and to Theodore et al for their insight and assistance!

What ruleset does Engineer Suite work for is it just 5e.

Blog Entries
    Engineer Suite is solely for 5e. Its successor will be only for 5e when Theodore launches it, although he does have plans to expand its functionality to other rulesets.
    Ultimate License Holder

the patreon link for engineer suite 2 above doesn't work. did the project shut down, or change the link?

Hi All,

I know this is no longer supported but until Fantasy Module Parser is active I still need a way to input NPCs int FG.
    I am having some issues with importing text via PDF and it seems to be around the letter TT to TI in sucession

When I take a PDF and paste it into MS word I get the belowWord Paste.jpg

Popping the same PDF data into notepad++ or NPC engineer gives me the below. You can see it cuts off at the same point in bothNote + Engineer.jpg

Now dumping the PDF text into word first gives me something mostly usable that I can fix manually but still leaves a bit to be desired. But I can work with it.
    Word first.jpg

The big issues seems to be around casting, at present innate casting. No matter what I do I get weird breaks and such in NPC engineer. I get a weird >T that only disappears when I remove the first 'I' in the word innate, but then it duplicates other data. I also still lose everything after the first 'TI' in the word action. And it doesn't seem to matter what I pop it into first (Word, Notepad++) I can only be fixed manually but still causes duplication. If I remove the Uppercase I and add a lower case i, it seems to work but not perfectly
    Weird T.jpg
    Word + Remove 'I'.jpg

I have tried using other sources (owned PDF of MM), I have tried foxit, I have tried using word or notepad++, I have trawled the forums and the user manual for NPC Engineer and I can't pin down the issue.
    I have very little understanding of markup but I do have a bunch of PDF's I own I'd like to use in my FG games, not to mention all the monsters I have created myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind putting in the work to manually correct things before parsing, I just want to make sure that if I do all that work it'll pop into FG correctly, links spells etc and be usable.

Thanks

I’m about to head to sleep and have never used these tools.

That said, some questions if this is the first time you posted on this:

Are you using Windows or Mac pc?
    In case it matters, could you pick a common pdf for which you are having this issue and post the name of it (and version if there is a ver)

Is there some option to pick an encoding on this app? Like UTF8 or Isosomething Latin... I forget.

Are you using any tools as part of the cut and past?

When pasting to Word, it appears it is still foobarring it. So maybe it is the source, that’s why asked what file it might be.

In addition, have you tried copying with acrobat if you own it?

I don’t use to it so can’t check that angle but I’m sure many do.

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Hi All,

I know this is no longer supported but until Fantasy Module Parser is active I still need a way to input NPCs int FG.
    I am having some issues with importing text via PDF and it seems to be around the letter TT to TI in sucession

When I take a PDF and paste it into MS word I get the below

Popping the same PDF data into notepad++ or NPC engineer gives me the below. You can see it cuts off at the same point in both

Now dumping the PDF text into word first gives me something mostly usable that I can fix manually but still leaves a bit to be desired. But I can work with it.

The big issues seems to be around casting, at present innate casting. No matter what I do I get weird breaks and such in NPC engineer. I get a weird >T that only disappears when I remove the first 'I' in the word innate, but then it duplicates other data. I also still lose everything after the first 'TI' in the word action. And it doesn't seem to matter what I pop it into first (Word, Notepad++) I can only be fixed manually but still causes duplication. If I remove the Uppercase I and add a lower case i, it seems to work but not perfectly
    These are ligatures. You will need to clean up the text before you parse it - no matter what tool you use.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    I have tried using other sources (owned PDF of MM), I have tried foxit, I have tried using word or notepad++, I have trawled the forums and the user manual for NPC Engineer and I can't pin down the issue.
    I have very little understanding of markup but I do have a bunch of PDF's I own I'd like to use in my FG games, not to mention all the monsters I have created myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind putting in the work to manually correct things before parsing, I just want to make sure that if I do all that work it'll pop into FG correctly, links spells etc and be usable.

Thanks
    There are no legal PDF copies of the MM.

Thread Information