DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Really?

I'm not to much of a whiz on the PC so I hope my answers are correct.
    Resolution 96 dpi.
    Pixels per hex 50- If you mean thats what I size the hex to when in game.
    Resizing tokens manually.
    Cheers.

Try token scaling on the map itself. See the paragraph starting "In older rulesets..." here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Tokens#Scaling
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, will try that thanks. The tokens do seem blurry as soon as I place them on the map but will give it a go cheers.

Screenshot.png

Scaling does not seem to work but tokens appear unaffected when I drag them onto the map. I have tried varies maps.
    Wondering if it could be the BRP System. Also is there a masking option?
    Last edited by Mac77; September 29th, 2018 at 07:46.

Makes no difference. I tried the same thing on RMC & it came out fine. Screenshot.jpg
    Bit of a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    Scaling does not seem to work but tokens appear unaffected when I drag them onto the map. I have tried varies maps.
    This doesn't look like you've followed the instructions I linked to fully.

"In older rulesets or when a grid is not defined, the map-to-token scale is not set automatically. Use the mouse wheel to zoom the map until the tokens are the right scale relative to the map; then right click on a token, and select the Lock Token Scale menu option. The map-to-token scale can be released using the same method."

Remove all current tokens. Place one token on the map and then using the mouse-wheel zoom the map (not the token) until the token matches the size of the grid. Then right-click on that token and select "Lock token scale".

Here's an example of the result when I follow this process on a map with 50 pixel hexes:

Also is there a masking option?
    Yes - through the "layers" right-click menu. Or you can enable the "Show Image Toolbars" preference - see page 15 of the BRP user guide.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry Trenloe I said tokens when I should have said portraits. The above works fine, I did try it, but here is an example of portraits & tokens from BRP & Rolemaster. This is what comes out for me anyway. Got the scaling thanks. Rolemaster.png BRP1.png

Sorry Trenloe I said tokens when I should have said portraits.
    Ah, OK - yeah, that is different in the BRP ruleset. It looks like PC tokens created from the portrait is very small - 26x26 pixels!

All I can suggest is also making normal sized tokens from the portrait files, and then add these to the token field in the combat tracker (drag/drop over the auto populated token) and then drag that newly added token from the CT to the map. This will use the resolution of the new token, not the token auto generated to 26x26 from the portrait.

Alrighty, thank you very much. I will get on to that.

Thread Information