DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Really?

Really?

Anyone else here thing this isn't even complete? I mean it's either extremely broken or not done at all. I look at any D&D add on for FG and it's got a lot of things. In BRP I can't even get the PC's to retain their inventory on a consistent basis. Might as well use pen and paper and let the party just roll the dice.

Anything constructive is years old, either support this product or don't. This is half @SSED and a total shame so far. I feel as though my $30 was taken for an unfinished and unsupported software.

Man even if you just made the bad guys targetable and kept track of the damage like in E5 - it MIGHT make it worth the effort.

IDK maybe I'm missing something.

Blog Entries
    Unless I'm mistaken, most rulesets are not made by Fantasy Grounds, they are made by the game developer (or someone paid by that developer) so as soon as Chaosium decide to invest some money to have a new ruleset it will be updated.

Blog Entries
    There should be a user manual for BRP that can be located in your docs folder.

• Launch Fantasy Grounds and click on the folder icon to open your Data Folder.
    • Navigate to the docs folder and find the Basic Roleplaying for Fantasy Grounds.pdf

Despite having a user manual, this is a very old ruleset and it doesn't have nearly the level of support of our more modern rulesets. Shoot a note over to [email protected] if you would like a refund.

Blog Entries
    That's correct, none of the retail rulesets are produced by SmiteWorks. The only time one of the SmiteWorks programmers steps in to hotfix anything is if something breaks and causes errors. From what I've been repeatedly told, the BRP ruleset has not had an active developer for some time.

5E is a newer ruleset and has a lot of bells and whistles which never even existed back when BRP was developed, and I know that's not what you want to hear.

The GMs I've heard talk in the forums or on the Discord say they can get by and play games just fine, it's just significantly less automated than you'd be accustomed to if you use 5E (or Savage Worlds for that matter) as your point of reference.

As always, if you are unsatisfied with any product, contact support (at) fantasygrounds.com within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked.

(Doug beat me to the punch with the support email)
    Last edited by Talyn; September 19th, 2018 at 19:42.

Quote Originally Posted by buckarama View Post
    In BRP I can't even get the PC's to retain their inventory on a consistent basis.
    And if you have any issues with *broken* functionality, please report it in the House of Healing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The issue might come as well from game developers not getting paid doing their patching, therefore they could loose interest in maintaining rulesets, if they are no longer enthusiastic gamers of this ruleset.... I wonder how Microsoft manages it...

I'm fairly new to BRP but have a question about the portraits. I made a map to test it out and in the RMC, the portraits look fine but in BRP they are very blurry. Not sure what it could be. I made a few of my own but alas the same result.
    Last edited by Mac77; September 28th, 2018 at 07:35.

Blog Entries
    Mac77 a little more info please.
    What resolution is your screen?
    Are you doing any scaling?
    Do you have any overlays running?
    Can you post a screenshot?

My Screen resolution is 1920x1080
    No scaling
    Not sure what overlays are sorry. Have included a screenshot, I think I uploaded it ok.
    Thank you. BRP Screen shot.png

Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    My Screen resolution is 1920x1080
    No scaling
    Not sure what overlays are sorry. Have included a screenshot, I think I uploaded it ok.
    Thank you. BRP Screen shot.png
    What’s the resolution of that map? How many pixels per hex? How are you resizing the tokens - manually for each token or using token scale lock?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information