5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Categories of image for player

Hi all,

I just noticed that players can't see my categorization of the images for a particular campaign.

I mean I have the images of the campaign , divided by categories ( example : Characters, Map, Monster etc ) but when I share the image to the players, they receive all the image as "uncategorized".

You can image that in a campaign is not so easy to find something shared 20 game before for players.

I know that there is the filter ( the magnifying glass ) but it could be possibile to share the categorization of the images aswell ?

GM View:
    GM_View.jpg

Player View:
    Player_View.jpg
    If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

No categories aren't shared with players. Generally players won't have that many images since you'll be unsharing them once their function isn't needed any more so it should be easy enough for them to find an image if they need it. Also of course you can reshare them which will pop them up on their screen. And if the image is really important and referred to a lot they can add it to their quick bar.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well depends on games, for Call of Cthulhu handouts are very important and in a campaign you end to have many of them and you need to use them.

In my humble opinion categorization for images are a nice feature to have, expecially if a DM can share it to the players. At the moment I'm using a suffix on the image name [NPC], [Map] etc. But in a campaign like "Masks of Nyarlathotep" ( 1 year to handle it) it will be very challenging to find something among Image folder...
    If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
    Well depends on games, for Call of Cthulhu handouts are very important and in a campaign you end to have many of them and you need to use them.

In my humble opinion categorization for images are a nice feature to have, expecially if a DM can share it to the players. At the moment I'm using a suffix on the image name [NPC], [Map] etc. But in a campaign like "Masks of Nyarlathotep" ( 1 year to handle it) it will be very challenging to find something among Image folder...
    Doens't exactly solve your problem, but you can rename the files with numbers to know faster which document is and was presented to the players, like 01 02 03 or 1.1, 1.2

This will sort them out in your image list.

I known isn't ideal, but it's a way to do it.
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

Yep thank you.

At the moment I'm using suffix to easily sort them out filtering using the suffix, is not ideal but works.
    I guess I can use number too to easily heve them ordered.

Thank you

Thread Information