STAR TREK 2d20

BRP portraits/tokens

Does anybody know how to assign a portrait to a character for this ruleset? Just purchased it, trying to figure it out. The pdf rulebook is says the portraits should be on the top left for the players but nothing for the GM. So there must be a way to bring it up to create a character. ?
    Last edited by Mac77; September 16th, 2018 at 08:25.

Connect to the GM's session as a player - if you want to do this before players join, start a second instance and Join Game with a server address of localhost

In the player instance, open a PC, click the "Pics" button (on the top right of the desktop, not the PC sheet), double-click a portrait.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Got it, thank you.

Hi Trenloe, I have a couple of other questions if you don't mind about the BRP rule set. Do you need to target an opponent like on RMC.
    When bringing the PC to the combat tracker he does not have an option to attack, no weapons show up. I dragged them from the equipment lists onto the character sheet. Not sure if that is correct. I drag the PC straight onto the combat tracker also. Does the rule set use a major wound table if you turn off the hit locations on the preferences.
    Is there a video showing an example of combat that I can view?, information on this rule set seems thin. Not sure why, it is a pretty good set in my opinion.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Mac77; September 17th, 2018 at 06:01.

Blog Entries
    I don't believe targeting works in the BRP ruleset. That automation was not generally available at the time it was created. I know that in the game I played, the GM handled that stuff manually.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Ok thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    Hi Trenloe, I have a couple of other questions if you don't mind about the BRP rule set. Do you need to target an opponent like on RMC.
    When bringing the PC to the combat tracker he does not have an option to attack, no weapons show up. I dragged them from the equipment lists onto the character sheet. Not sure if that is correct. I drag the PC straight onto the combat tracker also. Does the rule set use a major wound table if you turn off the hit locations on the preferences.
    Is there a video showing an example of combat that I can view?, information on this rule set seems thin. Not sure why, it is a pretty good set in my opinion.
    Thanks.
    RMC is the only mainstream ruleset that has PC attacks in the combat tracker. All other rulesets only have NPC attacks in the CT. Roll PC attacks from the PC sheet.

There is no targeting of attacks in this ruleset. See some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post335791 The post before that mentions how to find the BRP user guide - page 21 of which gives an overview of using the CT - including how to apply damage (drag/drop to hit location).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, good, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    RMC is the only mainstream ruleset that has PC attacks in the combat tracker. All other rulesets only have NPC attacks in the CT. Roll PC attacks from the PC sheet.

There is no targeting of attacks in this ruleset. See some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post335791 The post before that mentions how to find the BRP user guide - page 21 of which gives an overview of using the CT - including how to apply damage (drag/drop to hit location).
    @Mac77 Small correction. It doesn't roll from the CT by default, but if you manually enter your attack information in the CT it will work (it just doesn't populate from the CS). Enter "weapon X yy% (xDx+db)" (minus quotes) and you can click on the percentile and the damage individually and roll directly from the tracker. Of course the GM needs to share the tracker manually with players, so it's of pretty limited utility especially when you can roll directly from the CS.

Thanks for that. The ruleset really needs an update from Chaosium, or whoever designed it. It has massive potential.

Thread Information