STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Swords and Wizardry ruleset and modules?

I was researching old school D&D gaming and I am a big fan of The Lost Lands: Stoneheart Valley / "The Wizard's Amulet", "The Crucible of Freya" modules. So I went to Frog God games website and found this module and Barakus and many others from Necromancer Games comes in two rules sets. Pathfinder and Swords and Wizardry. It seems that Swords and Wizardry is D&D 0e edition. Which is a very easy drop in for even running this rule set in 1st and 2nd edition D&D modules.

Is there a Swords and Wizardry ruleset or plans to make one? I would love to run these modules as a campaign. I am not a D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder fan.

Blog Entries
    Celestianfrom the forums here has been looking at doing an official ruleset. I am not sure where the discussions with Frog God Games and/or SmiteWorks are. He will no doubt see this and chime in.
    Ultimate License Holder

Not much progress reported recently here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...leset-Progress
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Unfortunately Frog God Games's busy schedule kept us from aligning to get this project moving. (We had started talking January of this year). I've had to withdraw my S&W ruleset proposal due to my own workload schedules at this time.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Unfortunately Frog God Games's busy schedule kept us from aligning to get this project moving. (We had started talking January of this year). I've had to withdraw my S&W ruleset proposal due to my own workload schedules at this time.
    So you are saying I really ought to learn LUA then?
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    So you are saying I really ought to learn LUA then?
    I'd be happy to offer help as I can. I'd even suggest using the AD&D Core ruleset as a base. It's pretty close to what is needed (and one reason I was looking at doing this project). It's no small task and needs to be created by someone with a love for the system.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    The extent of my lua knowledge would mean you'd end up doing all the work...or anyone I know with a hint of lua would get a string unending PMs or emails
    Ultimate License Holder

The extent of my lua knowledge would mean you'd end up doing all the work...or anyone I know with a hint of lua would get a string unending PMs or emails
    Start learning now and in a year or so you'll know more and have the project probably done
    ---

Blog Entries
    Not promising miracles, but I will have a crack at it.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'd be happy to offer help as I can. I'd even suggest using the AD&D Core ruleset as a base. It's pretty close to what is needed (and one reason I was looking at doing this project). It's no small task and needs to be created by someone with a love for the system.
    Do this Mortar

Dont do it by PM.
    Do it in the forums or at the least in Discord channels so that others can have access to and learn from the interaction.

Thread Information