DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Starship Frustration

Trying to do Starship combat manually in FG is horrible. Not fun at all....

Starship combat automation is coming. It's towards the top of the dev's list. That being said, I agree. I'm just skipping starship combat all together at this point. Instead I have the enemies board the character's ship and do traditional combat.

Yea, I’ve heard he had some health issues. I’m sure everything is being done that can be. I was just practicing doing it manually earlier and it just wasn’t happening. Way too cumbersome.

Yeah, I have also abandoned starship combat for now. Look forward to doing it in the future.

What do you find annoying? I did it and it went ok.
    Just keep track of things yourself just requires you to have the dcs and stuff by hand but thats not too hard?

While I hate not having the automation, I can at least use the VTT to have a board the remote players can use. They also can do all the dice rolls and add the correct multiplayer. The ship sheet in FG is nice to have but does not work correctly at tier 4 or above (does not add more HPs and you can't edit). With all that it's no harder than playing without software.

I hope the developer on this project gets well soon or help can be found to complete the work as this is one promised feature I am really looking for.

Never tried tier 4+ so i can understand its frustrating at that point.
    I do also wish the dev gets better soon but i also must underline that starfinder is a year old and everyone hete has paid a full price for the whole product. I don't want to be a ******* with this kind of statement but i do see this delayments happening a lot with online products and in the end its not ok to take money and don't deliver. First things first it would be nice to have at least an ETA.
    Again, no disrispect, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerRabbit View Post
    Never tried tier 4+ so i can understand its frustrating at that point.
    I do also wish the dev gets better soon but i also must underline that starfinder is a year old and everyone hete has paid a full price for the whole product. I don't want to be a ******* with this kind of statement but i do see this delayments happening a lot with online products and in the end its not ok to take money and don't deliver. First things first it would be nice to have at least an ETA.
    Again, no disrispect, just my opinion.
    Granet, Starfinder is a year old but the FG version is only a little over 6 months, it was released in Feb 2018. We will get Starships into the system there has just been a delay that is out of are control.
    But we do understand the frustration.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Hi All
    For upgrades I use this : https://jamesturneronline.net/starfi...builder/#input
    very easy to use and I modify the PC ship with it.

At the same time I am developping an outside starship combat until FG is ready (just cannot wait anymore as ship combat takes between 1 to 2 hours for 1 combat)
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Thread Information