5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Table with Multiple Ways To Roll

Is there a way to define multiple custom dice for rolling on the same table? Basically, depending on circumstance, the way to roll on the table may be different. Normally it's just a straight 3d6, but other times is might be 2d6+6 or 2d6+1 or 1d6+12, etc.

Thanks.
    "Everything started as somebody's daydream." -- Larry Niven

Hi Nezilla welcome to FG.

Basically no. You can add a modifier into the table just before the table gets rolled but otherwise you are stuck with the total value of all the table rows in the table. You would need to replicate the table with different dice values if you wanted to roll differently on the same table. You could also just change the dice roller in the table before rolling.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just drop the dice you want to use onto the table, and it will roll those instead.

In your example for 2d6+6, put "6" into the modifier box, right click on the d6 and select "2", then drop that onto the table. It will roll 2d6+6 and lookup the roll result on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Basically no.
    Works fine, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Works fine, actually.
    I think the user was looking for an automatic way to roll different dice values on the same table and there isn't. As we both indicated changing the dice in the dice roller does work however.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You don't need to change the dice roller. Leave it alone. Just drop the dice you want to use onto the table.

You don't need to change the dice roller. Leave it alone. Just drop the dice you want to use onto the table.
    Right, I misunderstood what you were saying. I wasn't aware that you could roll on a table by dropping dice on it. Noted for future reference.

Thanks all.
    "Everything started as somebody's daydream." -- Larry Niven

Here is a sample table setup for 3d6. In the first example, I just clicked the "Roll" button. In the second one, I dropped a 2d6+6 onto the table, the third one is a 1d6+12. I didn't have to change the die pool.

Just drop the dice you want to use onto the table, and it will roll those instead.

In your example for 2d6+6, put "6" into the modifier box, right click on the d6 and select "2", then drop that onto the table. It will roll 2d6+6 and lookup the roll result on the table.
    That is a kick *** little feature. Thanks!

Thread Information