STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj Calvin View Post
    This one doesn't seem to do anything. We tried it a few times. Thought it would be useful for spell damage, which isn't set up in FG for our campaign (Ring of Fire, specifically).
    It does, as you can see from the graphic. The first roll in chat is the damage roll untargeted. The second and third are the result of dragging that damage from the chat and dropping it first on the CT and secondly on the token.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This functionality is going to be ruleset dependent. It definitely works in 3.5/PF/5E and some of the more automated rulesets. Never heard of Ring of Fire so suspect it won't work there.
    So we're playing 5E. Ring of Fire is the spell that was cast, but since we haven't set up the spell stuff we're having to do the damage and rolls manually. I guess what I read was that after rolling the damage die the caster should be able to drag that roll onto the target and it would apply the damage. Am I reading this wrong?

This functionality is going to be ruleset dependent. It definitely works in 3.5/PF/5E and some of the more automated rulesets. Never heard of Ring of Fire so suspect it won't work there.
    So we're playing 5E. Ring of Fire is the spell that was cast, but since we haven't set up the spell stuff we're having to do the damage and rolls manually. I guess what I read was that after rolling the damage die the caster should be able to drag that roll onto the target and it would apply the damage. Am I reading this wrong?

OK, just looked at your jpg and we haven't been rolling anything that says "Damage roll", it was just a bunch of dice. I'll have to play with that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj Calvin View Post
    See what Mr. Z wrote. He understood what you were saying while I apparently did not

I'd also suggest you check out the Discord channel, I bet someone can walk you through how you want things set up so that you can benefit from the tip

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Aha. It works. Tried it with a random attack against a zombie when it wasn't my turn, not targeted, then immediately healed it using the CTRL option. Queried our spell-caster and he doesn't have the spell in his character sheet in FG so is just doing it all manually.

Thanks for all the cool tips and quick responses.

Hi

I may have some tip/trick for people who want to have a bit more complex /die or /mod etc. macros. Therefore the following is maybe not really useful for everyone but I still wanted to mention it (I didn't find that advice yet, sorry when already mentioned)

In FG many codes are triggered by specific strings in the variables of the chat messages like [HEAL] (definition for being a heal), [TYPE: slashing] (for damage types) and so on, you surely have seen these (these are now examples of 3.5e/PF1; you may have to adjust these strings depending on your ruleset.)

Macros allow descriptions, you can use these specific strings to trigger something in the code like resistances (but try it out first, may depend on the ruleset and how it is coded as mentioned), e.g. (Deekin is immune to criticals in that example, I used /die d11 [TYPE: fire,critical] to simulate a d11 with fire and critical as damage types. Then pressed enter and Drag&dropped the number onto Deekin's wound field)

This also works in weapon names in 3.5e such that they suddenly heal with [HEAL] in their name

You may have to play a bit around, depending on your ruleset Maybe someone finds that useful, only a very little and funny gimmick; sorry when you think that it doesn't completely fit to that thread

Have fun
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 17th, 2019 at 23:32.

Anyone know a trick for making the text larger in the Story feature? In particular Body Text, Links. This is probably most helpful to older players and GM's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ljewell View Post
    Anyone know a trick for making the text larger in the Story feature? In particular Body Text, Links. This is probably most helpful to older players and GM's.
    /scaleui is a chat command, but it scales everything.

There are some "big font" extensions that increase font sizes, whether they do those in just certain elements I'm not sure, will depend upon the individual extension. Either use Site Search or check the stickies in the various sub-forums for the ruleset you are using to find some of these.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

/scaleui is a chat command, but it scales everything.

There are some "big font" extensions that increase font sizes, whether they do those in just certain elements I'm not sure, will depend upon the individual extension. Either use Site Search or check the stickies in the various sub-forums for the ruleset you are using to find some of these.
    Good idea! I found a BigFonts extension and it is working like a charm. +1 to LordEntrails
    Last edited by ljewell; May 12th, 2020 at 00:14.

In the NPC window, holding ctrl while left clicking multiple NPCs will open each in their own window.

This actually works for a lot of the side menu buttons like Spells, Classes, Story, Tables, etc (I think Items and Images already opens multiple windows). I was only working on NPCs at the time and getting frustrated at having to always reopen windows.
    Last edited by gbhenderson; September 28th, 2020 at 22:47.

Thread Information