DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Post-Nuclear.

Uses three 20-sided dices.

2050, post-war USA, ruins, wrecks, poisoned water and air, radiation etc.
    Food, water, ammunition, fuel, meds and drugs are the new currency.
    AI controls whole northern US - network of factories, labs and other technical stuff, controlled by single computer - people call it "Moloch" and it's growing larger. Of course it kills everyone in it's way (battle robots of all kind, poisons, mutantas). Border with Moloch is a frontline, and it's moving back - for 20 years humanity was only able to slow it down.
    Guns work really bad, the jam far too often.
    Everyone's sick. Radiation and stuff. Medicine is really important - you run out of it - after a week or two you're dead.
    "Tornado" - new drug is everywhere. Something like Jet from Fallout, but with different effect.

However, player's characters are usually the guys who live pretty well - it's easy to roll a really strong hero at the very beginning of the game. Experience actually allows you to buy more skills and be more comprehensive rather than increase single skill.
    Five main abilities, each very important - Constitution, Dexterity, Perception, Smartness, Personality.
    Combat... Well. The best way to deal with wounds is not to get shot. Unless your character is a tough bastard with high pain trashold you'll be unable to do anything after you'll get hit. First thing you do in a gunfight is finding cover.
    You can't increase your health - no matter wheather you're young trader or hardened veteran - single shot from Desert Eagle can kill you. Wearing armor is a good idea, but it uses up fast and is hard to get. I mean kevlar wests and such. Functional power armors with working batteries are... Well. Finding cover is cheaper and everyone can do it.

The rulebook is awesome. Especially compared to the encyclopedia-like DnD rulebooks.
    I couldn't stop laughing when I was reading it for the first time.

Origins for example - Texas, New York, Detroid, (...), Miami, Not Your ****ing Business.

You also get special ability because of your origin. Descriptions are great, but names alone are something, that looks great on character sheet.

"You know, I've eaten my dog"
    "Comprehence"
    "Comprehence squared"
    "It worked on simulator!"
    etc.

or the skill description for Knowdledge (maths, chemistry, physics...)
    "Don't take it! It's useless! Come on, trust me!"

In overall it's a mix of heroic, movie-like action and dialogs with dark world that's just falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasamui
    Post-Nuclear.

Uses three 20-sided dices.

2050, post-war USA, ruins, wrecks, poisoned water and air, radiation etc.
    Food, water, ammunition, fuel, meds and drugs are the new currency.
    AI controls whole northern US - network of factories, labs and other technical stuff, controlled by single computer - people call it "Moloch" and it's growing larger. Of course it kills everyone in it's way (battle robots of all kind, poisons, mutantas). Border with Moloch is a frontline, and it's moving back - for 20 years humanity was only able to slow it down.
    Guns work really bad, the jam far too often.
    Everyone's sick. Radiation and stuff. Medicine is really important - you run out of it - after a week or two you're dead.
    "Tornado" - new drug is everywhere. Something like Jet from Fallout, but with different effect.

However, player's characters are usually the guys who live pretty well - it's easy to roll a really strong hero at the very beginning of the game. Experience actually allows you to buy more skills and be more comprehensive rather than increase single skill.
    Five main abilities, each very important - Constitution, Dexterity, Perception, Smartness, Personality.
    Combat... Well. The best way to deal with wounds is not to get shot. Unless your character is a tough bastard with high pain trashold you'll be unable to do anything after you'll get hit. First thing you do in a gunfight is finding cover.
    You can't increase your health - no matter wheather you're young trader or hardened veteran - single shot from Desert Eagle can kill you. Wearing armor is a good idea, but it uses up fast and is hard to get. I mean kevlar wests and such. Functional power armors with working batteries are... Well. Finding cover is cheaper and everyone can do it.

The rulebook is awesome. Especially compared to the encyclopedia-like DnD rulebooks.
    I couldn't stop laughing when I was reading it for the first time.

Origins for example - Texas, New York, Detroid, (...), Miami, Not Your ****ing Business.

You also get special ability because of your origin. Descriptions are great, but names alone are something, that looks great on character sheet.

"You know, I've eaten my dog"
    "Comprehence"
    "Comprehence squared"
    "It worked on simulator!"
    etc.

or the skill description for Knowdledge (maths, chemistry, physics...)
    "Don't take it! It's useless! Come on, trust me!"

In overall it's a mix of heroic, movie-like action and dialogs with dark world that's just falling apart.

That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. Always liked the skillbased systems for realism. After all in reality... a .22 will kill if at close range.

Amusingly enough? The name alone actually did give me a bit of a vibe of this... well most of it except the AI. Hmmmm...

3D20 as to resolve skills? Could you explain this part too? I am... intrigued.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I played "The Dark Eye" as the first game ever wgen I was young and I'm still playing it now.
    Other then that:
    Star Wars D6
    Sengoku
    Always keep it in perspective!

Let's say you want to shoot an opponent.

You have dexterity of 15 (good) and gun skill on 3 (quite good).

You throw 3 dices. At least two results must be equal or below your ability score (dexterity). If they're not, you fail.
    You can substract points from any dice - depending on your skill value.

Lest's say you rolled 7, 16 and 19. Result of 7 means one success, so you need one more. You have gun skill on 3, so you substract 1 from 16 - that gives 15, so you've got another succes. You still could, for example, use remaining 2 points to reduce 19 to 17. But it still would be too high to be another success. Anyway - 7 and 15 make your shoot accurate.

Check difficulty. There are some rules for that, but usually GM just decides how hard is to do whatever you're doing. Difficulty changes your ability score.
    Easy: +2
    Normal: 0
    Problematic: -2
    Hard: -5
    Very Hard: -8
    ****ing Hard: -11
    Pure Luck: -15

And last thing - "Slide". If you you're making a check on a skill that you have on 4 or higher, difficulty is reduced by one step. 8 or more points in that skill make Slide work even better - it reduces difficulty by 2 levels. 12 or more means you're a genius - ****ing hard checks are problematic to you. Very hard are normal. And so on.

The Slide makes it quite easy to bee very good in something, but that's what Neuroshima is about actually. (However, reaching 8 in a skill is hard. It costs loads of exp. 12 is only for maniacs, who play this game few times a week. The scale however goes above 20 (No more Slides) )

The downside of this system - new characters, if they're lucky, can already perform difficult actions, so there's less fun from developing your character.

"Tough bastards who wish to become even tougher."

Sounds SO sweet...

And 3 D20 gives a bell-curve division as well. Hmmm...
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Hey Obe!

I see wheels turning there....

Systems I DM or have DMed
    D&D (all versions)
    Champions (1st ed)
    TORG
    Star Frontiers

Syatems I have played at least one session of
    All the above except TORG and Star Fronitiers
    GURPs
    Classic Tarveller
    D20 Star Wars
    Ars Magica 4th Ed
    Vampire: Dark Ages
    Rifts
    Shadowrun (forgot what edition not the most recent though)
    Warhammer Fantasy
    Go Fer Your Gun!

Always willing to try new systems... never enough time...
    Last edited by Elf; April 11th, 2007 at 02:46.
    All things in life are questions of balance/or timing.

D&D 3.5 core books a few other D&D suplements, the Forgotten Realms books. I hope to play Traveller (Classic, T20, the new 5th eddition when it comes out) with FG.

Wow I am surprised that I didn't see anyone using M.E.G.S. I believe the first carnation of it was in DC Heroes. Apparently it was in Torg but I was too little to remember my older brother playing that game. The game it appeared in that I play is Underground by the makers of Aeon Flux (old MTV series).

Anyway Mayfair Exponential Game System is the fastest and easiest system I have ever used. Unfortunately the games that it showed up in were not up to par and the gadget rules for the superhero games that use it sucked.

After TSR purchased Mayfair Games apparently a group of gamers bought the MEGS license and made a company called Pulsar Games. They produced Blood of Heroes with MEGS however I don't think it took off without a major name like DC or Marvel. This is unfortunate because like I said before the system rocks!

I played D&D through the original to 3.0, palladium TMNT, Rifts and Robotech, Cyberpunk, Star Wars d6, Vampire the Masquerade and my own variant of the MEGS for fantasy that incorporates magic.

I am trying to get Pulsar Games to jump on board with FG and make a rule set but have not heard from them. I hope to find other MEGS fans in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf
    Hey Obe!

I see wheels turning there....

Systems I DM or have DMed
    D&D (all versions)
    Champions (1st ed)
    TORG
    Star Frontiers

Does that mean you have a Star Frontiers ruleset...or that you've just done it in the past?

(Contemplating making a SF Ruleset one of these days)
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

In the last year, I've run games (or am running games) using ...
    - Babylon 5 (Mongoose) [character sheet for FGII]
    - Traveller T20 (Quiklink) [character sheet for GRIP and for FGII]
    - Savage Worlds (Pinnacle) [using Digital Adventures' FGII product]
    - Conspiracy X (Eden Studios) [character sheet for FGII]

Systems I have GM'd in the past ...
    - D&D3e (WotC)
    - Star Wars d20 (WotC)
    - Star Wars d6 (WEG) [character sheet for FG]
    - Classic Traveller (FFE) [online using GRIP]
    - Vampire The Masquerade (White Wolf) [character sheet for GRIP]
    - Cyberpunk 2020 (R.Talsorian Games)

Other games ...
    - Battletech (FASA)
    - Warhammer Fantasy Battle (Games Workshop)
    - Star Trek Tactical Combat (FASA)
    Last edited by Valarian; April 11th, 2008 at 13:18. Reason: Update of Games
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thread Information