DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Two add my tuppence worth ...
    Rulesets do not just have to be a colection of rules, they can contain reams of campaign specific details; deities, geography, history, campaign-specific equipment and so on.
    This is actually what I'm aiming to do with my own campaign setting down the road...in fact I'd already started fiddling with it before I got called away to other things :S

This attention span of a hamster....ooo...wassat...a shiny....
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2, and Basic Fantasy RPG as soon as it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Rulesets do not just have to be a colection of rules, they can contain reams of campaign specific details; deities, geography, history, campaign-specific equipment and so on.
    I agree, I have been saying this for awhile now, everyone wants this or that ruleset, which of course brings up the copyright discussion. I say forget all those rules, if you are wanting to play said game, buy the book (or pdf) get the character sheet done in FG and roll. That said, I would like an easier way to get character sheets 'installed' in FG, say sort of like an add-on like the modules rather than having to edit xml files, copy rulesets, etc.
    Player wise, I think it would be more advantageous to have campaign specific details in the ruleset than any of the rules, searching a pdf or using the index in the books is much faster IMHO than clicking 15 times to get to the data you want in the ruleset.
    Last edited by Snikle; August 24th, 2006 at 14:33.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

I'd actually love to be able to have different forms of charsheets and or scripted documents liftable into FG independent of rule-system.
    It'd make things a LOT easier.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle
    I agree, I have been saying this for awhile now, everyone wants this or that ruleset, which of course brings up the copyright discussion. I say forget all those rules, if you are wanting to play said game, buy the book (or pdf) get the character sheet done in FG and roll.
    Agreed. Truth be told, I totally fail to see the point of those people/vendors who are trying to create electronic versions of rulesets. Character sheets - I get this. Adventures with prepopulated text, monster and NPC stats - I totally get this. But rules? I'm only familiar with a rule system because I have the book which means (for me, at least) that it will always be easier to find something in a book with which I'm familiar than having to relearn to find something in the application.

Plus...D&D without a stack of books just isn't D&D.

clicking 15 times to get to the data you want in the ruleset.

DA have tried to keep data "4 clicks" deep - some ... well ... sorry.

As for the purpose of rulesets - I use mine quite a bit because it has material from lots of sources. I guess it depends on the type of GM you are and the PC set up. Some players (and DM's) are lap top based and are "portable", moving around the globe as their job dictates. Others have a traditional desk set-up at home I guess and can spread out their familiar reference materials. My laptop and desktop set up preclude this ...

Quote Originally Posted by A Trackless Stranger
    Plus...D&D without a stack of books just isn't D&D.
    LOL. Yeah I think it is merely a matter of taste. I am just saying that I think we could distribute the character sheets legally, without all the rules, which might help getting some of the smaller game systems (or those with those picky legal-eagle owners )to be played in FG.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

LOL. Yeah I think it is merely a matter of taste. I am just saying that I think we could distribute the character sheets legally, without all the rules, which might help getting some of the smaller game systems (or those with those picky legal-eagle owners )to be played in FG.
    Again, totally agree.

And as someone who has monitored these boards for quite some time, I can tell you that some of the people on this board who continue to preach about what does and does not constitute copyright violation are clearly not attorneys and seem to have a fairly weak grasp on the state of copyright law.

But that's probably another thread...

( In alphabetical order: )

DnD 3.5
    Neuroshima ( Polish system, hasn't beed translated (yet?) )
    Star Wars d20
    Vampire: the Requiem
    Warhammer

I've also played ( or I'm going to play next week )

Monastyr ( Polish, hasn't beed translated)
    Vampire: the Masquerade
    Warhammer 1ed
    Cyberpunk 2020

I see lot of you plays only DnD. To be honest, here, in Poland, people more often make fun of d20 systems than play them. The whole level-thing, spells-per-day etc., the "US Medieval age"...

It is becoming more popular lately. But Warhammer, Neuroshima and Monastyr still rule in polish gaming world.

Which is a good think in my opinion.

Neuroshima? ... Okay, the name hooked me a bit I have to admitt.

Tell us more about the system / setting?
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thread Information