5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 18 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillkoil View Post
    Well put Sassaroth. You laid out a very reasoned and well thought out argument on the issue, which I appreciate. In fact, you have swayed my opinion. (I know this never happens on the internet) Thanks for taking the time to make that post.
    I appreciate that. I also am of like mind. If I am wrong, i am wrong, if I am swayed. I am swayed. I do find that Fantasy grounds does tend to collect a fair number of thoughtful people with good attitudes and civil conversations.

Perhaps we should petition to have [insert popular social media site] require a session roleplaying as membership requirements. Imagine how the internet would be. (chuckles)

I think it's the players' job to have their character sheet optimized. With the necessary information, modifiers, effects and conditions. This extension does not replace any of that, the only thing it does is read that information and make the process more efficient, which is to obtain the result of a check. I do not believe at all that this extension influences in the least with the learning curve of FG.

I am GM, and I consider my main group sufficiently advanced with FG, at least 5 of 7 are. They handle their PCs completely alone without interrupting me, they create their own effects, conditions, and so on and they are very happy with this extension. For me as a GM, it decreases the time I have to wait for players to do their actions. And any extension that helps me gain time, is a good extension in my book.

With some improvements needed, this is one of those extensions that should be integrated into FG, maybe being a tab in the party sheet.

In addition to the things I had already mentioned, of necessary improvements, maybe these ideas could help the game even more:

1) The ability to be able to put the DC when requesting the check.
    2) In the chat, it should appear if the check was a succeed or a failure.
    3) To be able to close the check popup without releasing the dice.
    4) Ask for a percentage dice (%). Maybe someone needs it.

I think this is a very useful, and very well designed extension. Many thanks to the author for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel_Kagenie View Post
    In addition to the things I had already mentioned, of necessary improvements, maybe these ideas could help the game even more:

1) The ability to be able to put the DC when requesting the check.
    2) In the chat, it should appear if the check was a succeed or a failure.
    3) To be able to close the check popup without releasing the dice.
    4) Ask for a percentage dice (%). Maybe someone needs it.
    I agree with Zeruel_Keganie on these suggestions, particularly #1 and 2.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next, st4lk3r87!
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

I've been very busy in these last months. Finally I have some spare time to spend on this extension . Here's a changelog of the latest version ( you can get it from the first post )

• Added: All PC are now displaying a tooltip with their names when mouse is hovering on them.
    • Added: Modifier group ( Advantage/Disadvantage and Number Modifiers )
    • Added: Show the current roll modifier to the player
    • Added: Slash commands ( It's now possible to use the slash command to request rolls. Use command /rfi to get some help )

The most useful part of this update is that now you can save the slash command as a shortcut and ask for initiative easily ( Slash Command: /rfi roll=Initiative pc=ALL )

And there we go with another update

• Added: Fold/Unfold bottom categories ( Skills/Extra groups )
    • Added: Hidden roll request
    • Added: DC for checks/saves/skills
    • Added: Options "Show DC to players"
    • Added: Close button for clients
    • Added: Client can cancel a roll request
    • Added: Client can open the roll request window by clicking on the sidebar stack button
    Last edited by st4lk3r87; December 25th, 2018 at 04:02.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

Great extension!

The only thing that would be better is if you could extend the /vote xxxx function to pop similar windows for the players.

Is there a list of extensions that this one clashes with?

And I agree on the /vote one.

Downloading this now but won't activate until I'm sure it doesn't clash with my other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HuseyinCinar View Post
    Is there a list of extensions that this one clashes with?

And I agree on the /vote one.

Downloading this now but won't activate until I'm sure it doesn't clash with my other stuff.
    Good Day HussyinCinar
    You could always make a test campaign and activate all the extensions you want to use and see if any errors pop up

I use this extension along with a LOT of others in 5E, never had any problems with clash. Best advice is to do as @Bonkon suggested - try it out.
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

I used this extension in my game last night and had no clash with my other stuff. It was AWESOME! Players really liked it too.

I have a suggestion about Skills tho. When you ask for an Investigation skill check, the extension automatically uses Intelligence modifier, like the game suggests. But a DM can mismatch Ability/Skill and it creates great rolls and RP.

Is it possible if: DM selects Investigation. Intelligence gets highlighted as well. But then the DM select Strength for example. And requests roll. The dice roll sent to the player now rolls "1d20+STR+Investigation proficiency if the PC has it." This for example can apply in a situation where the party is searching the fallen debris of a building after an earthquake. The search party has to constantly move stone blocks out of the way to search under and around.

Etc etc. There are infinite examples to Mismatched skill checks. Is this something that can be applied?

I also have a question: Athletics is normally attached to Strength. If the player changes the box next to Athletics to CON in their char sheet, and then the DM requests an Athletics check using this extension: Will it roll STR(Athletics) or CON(Athletics)?

Thread Information