DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 18 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    This extension is a good idea but it needs to be able to:

1) Allow to hide the result of the check so that it is only visible to the GM.
    2) Be able to assign a check with ADV, DIS, +2, +5, -2, -5 or a specific modifier.
    3) Be able to assign a check with or without proficiency.
    4) Be able to assign a different ability score to a skill check.
    5) Be able to enter custom skills. (For different campaign settings, or if someone simply wants to modify the skills list)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel_Kagenie View Post
    This extension is a good idea but it needs to be able to:

1) Allow to hide the result of the check so that it is only visible to the GM.
    2) Be able to assign a check with ADV, DIS, +2, +5, -2, -5 or a specific modifier.
    3) Be able to assign a check with or without proficiency.
    4) Be able to assign a different ability score to a skill check.
    5) Be able to enter custom skills. (For different campaign settings, or if someone simply wants to modify the skills list)
    6) Prepare coffee on demand jk

Number 1, 2 and 5 are on my roadmap!

3 and 4 are really good idea I just have to come up with a good Ux solution.

I started to work on the roll modifiers. Planning to add them in the middle. I have the feeling it's starting to become like airplane commands lol. Maybe I need to simplify it a bit. Maybe I'll start to use buttons with icons instead of text.

This looks pretty cool! I am getting a script error when I load it though.. It says "Script Error: [string "scripts/rfi.lua"]:62: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

Also, in an earlier post, someone suggested to allow for Adv, Dis and the modifiers.. This already works with the included modifier buttons on the bottom left of the screen. I don't think it is necessary to program that in.

The only other suggestion I saw was to have an option to only show to the DM. Maybe just have it invoke the Dice Tower if it is enabled. Can you drag the Request to Roll to the Dice Tower? Not sure if that is complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    This looks pretty cool!
    Thank you!

The only other suggestion I saw was to have an option to only show to the DM. Maybe just have it invoke the Dice Tower if it is enabled. Can you drag the Request to Roll to the Dice Tower? Not sure if that is complicated.
    I'm planning to add an option so the DM can request an hidden roll.

Also, in an earlier post, someone suggested to allow for Adv, Dis and the modifiers.. This already works with the included modifier buttons on the bottom left of the screen. I don't think it is necessary to program that in.
    The ADV/DIS works only if the player click the ADV/DIS button before the roll. So it's using the default CoreRPG/5E mechanics. It would be cool to request the roll with adv/dis from RFI. So the player will have to click only one button.

I am getting a script error when I load it though.. It says "Script Error: [string "scripts/rfi.lua"]:62: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
    Most probably you don't have a GlobalRegistry file. Does it happen everytime you load it? I might have a fix for that. I hope to release a new version this weekend.

[QUOTE=st4lk3r87;404009]Thank you!

I'm planning to add an option so the DM can request an hidden roll.
    Very nice!

The ADV/DIS works only if the player click the ADV/DIS button before the roll. So it's using the default CoreRPG/5E mechanics. It would be cool to request the roll with adv/dis from RFI. So the player will have to click only one button.
    You'd probably have to allow to toggle which characters get ADV/DIS, etc since not all may have that ability.

Most probably you don't have a GlobalRegistry file. Does it happen every time you load it? I might have a fix for that. I hope to release a new version this weekend.
    This does happen every time I load.

You'd probably have to allow to toggle which characters get ADV/DIS, etc since not all may have that ability.
    I don't know. How many times you ask for an Initiative roll with selective ADV? Or Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    I don't know. How many times you ask for an Initiative roll with selective ADV? Or Athletics?
    Maybe not so much for initiative but checks. Some may use Inspiration for example. I guess a solution is to do a request for one that has an individual modifier and then do a request for the others separately.

Maybe not so much for initiative but checks. Some may use Inspiration for example. I guess a solution is to do a request for one that has an individual modifier and then do a request for the others separately.
    Unfortunately I've never been in a situation where different PC has a different modifier on a Skill Check which is asked to the entire group. So It's definitely possible I'm not aware of that use case.

Some may use Inspiration for example
    In that case the user is telling to the DM "I'm using the Inspiration point". So it's not something the DM knows in advance. The RFI is meant to be used to enhance communication from DM to Player and remove useless pause.

I have some idea in mind anyway. For Example:
    Every time the player receives a "Time To Roll!", and inspiration points are available, the player is able to consume them directly from the "Time to Roll!" window. It's up to the player to decide so it's an action that should be done on the "Time to Roll" window.

I love the input I'm getting from all of you! Thank you so much!

Thread Information