5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last

5E - Roll For Initiative - ( request roll extension )

Hello!

As a DM I always see my players having a lot of difficulties when I ask for a Check/Save/Initiative/Skill roll. So I worked on a new extension called: "Roll For Initiative".

How it works?
    The DM select one or more PC, choose a skill/save/check/init/death roll and press the "Request Roll" button. The player receives a popup window with a button to be pressed. Pressing that button will make the magic happen.

I wonder if any of you is interested on this extension and I'd like to get some feedback too.

Here's the most stable version of the extension: 5E Roll For Initiative
    First Showcase Video: Youtube video
    DC, Modifier and slash command video: Youtube video

CHANGELOG

• First Version

• BugFix: Saving throws modifiers are not used correctly.

• BugFix: GlobalRegistry console error when an FG campaign is loaded.

• Added: All PC are now displaying a tooltip with their names when mouse is hovering on them.
      • Added: Modifier group ( Advantage/Disadvantage and Number Modifiers )
      • Added: Show the current roll modifier to the player
      • Added: Slash commands ( It's now possible to use the slash command to request rolls. Use command /rfi to get some help )

• Added: Fold/Unfold bottom categories ( Skills/Extra groups )
      • Added: Hidden roll request
      • Added: DC for checks/saves/skills
      • Added: Options "Show DC to players"
      • Added: Close button for clients
      • Added: Client can cancel a roll request
      • Added: Client can open the roll request window by clicking on the sidebar stack button

• Added: Raw Dice roll request ( Advantage/Disadvantage works only with d20 choice )
      • Fixed: Death Saving Throw are not hidden properly when the Hidden modifier is used
      • Fixed: Hide RAW rolls while the tutorial is running.
      • Improvement: Use tower for hidden Initiative roll.
      • Improvement: Show tower text to client when a player perform an hidden roll.
      • Improvement: Increase the visibility of selected PCs

• Bugfix: Hotfix for check and saves
      • Improvement: Rearranged UI so it takes less space.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by st4lk3r87; May 28th, 2019 at 23:42. Reason: Fix extension link
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

Very nice! I like how you used the character portraits. I think I might use that style for ready check and put a green check on it when they are ready.

Great stuff!
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Very nice! I like how you used the character portraits. I think I might use that style for ready check and put a green check on it when they are ready.

Great stuff!
    Yes, that's the chatbox frame. I'm not entirely sure about the final style I want to use. I'd like to be close to the default style.

Thank you for the feedback!

The current plan is to create a first extension with simple and direct "Roll Request".
    After that I'm thinking to treat a "Roll Request" as a record ( similar to an item,images,sounds ). The DM will be able to prepare some "Roll Request" and put them as link in his stories.

This would be totally cool! How many times have I asked for a perception roll etc. This would speed things up immensely for my table. Great idea st4lk3r87 and thanks for doing this!!

Suggestion: Have an option to Select all Friendly Units as well as All PCs. Then have it roll for any friendly units in the Combat Tracker as well.

Has a lot of potential!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Suggestion: Have an option to Select all Friendly Units as well as All PCs. Then have it roll for any friendly units in the Combat Tracker as well.

Has a lot of potential!
    Thank you! At the moment I'm showing the list of PCs which are in the Party Sheet.

Could you give me an example?

Blog Entries
    Though I like this idea, imo it adds more work to the GM. Since I like to put things on the players to do, what about a Save/Check window for the players to open and use? It would be the same as what you are proposing, but would only have their own saves and checks (and init). It would be opened by an icon, or perhaps by the GM.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    Could you give me an example?
    For example, right now my players have two NPCs in their party. So it would be nice if it could also pull data from the NPC sheets for these checks/saves. It would have to query the Combat Tracker for friendly faction NPCs.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Though I like this idea, imo it adds more work to the GM. Since I like to put things on the players to do
    It definitely add more work on the GM. I'm planning to keep it as simple as possible. Usually I find myself waiting something like 10 seconds or more after I ask: "Ok guys, Roll for Initiative!" or "Barbarian and Bard, do a perception check".
    So I think it's a balance "GM time" vs "Global Game Time".

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    what about a Save/Check window for the players to open and use? It would be the same as what you are proposing, but would only have their own saves and checks (and init). It would be opened by an icon, or perhaps by the GM.
    I think there's already an extension for that. It adds Save/Check in the Actions tab. Unfortunately I forgot the name.

Thread Information