FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I have definitely been keeping this in mind and am trying not to go crazy with trying to automate things that will change later.
    I would imagine the common effects won't change (much). The biggest change I've identified so far from what's there already from the PF1 code, is to reduce/restrict the bonus types - there are now only 3: circumstance, conditional and item (plus ability and proficiency modifiers) and these have maximum values, penalties have the same with the addition of untyped penalties. I'm just covering myself in case they do... and I don't want someone to spend lots of time creating effects for virtually everything, and then having to go back and re-do a lot of them. And, of course, there's always the possibility of the playtest rules being changed by Paizo.

If you're familiar with both PF1 and the Playtest, then you can probably make an informed decision on what effects probably won't change.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

lol... Well, unfortunately I've never played Pathfinder but I'm jumping into the playtest with both feet to try it out!
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Might I request that when effects are added, there's a way to designate the type of bonus or penalty granted by the effect (circumstance, conditional or item)? That way, we can know at a glance which bonuses and penalties do not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pramxnim View Post
    Might I request that when effects are added, there's a way to designate the type of bonus or penalty granted by the effect (circumstance, conditional or item)? That way, we can know at a glance which bonuses and penalties do not stack.
    That's kinda what I was eluding to above. FG will allow you to specify the bonus/penalty type. It actually does that now, just with the 17 bonus types from PF1 - which is why I mentioned I need to reduce the bonus types. In the long run FG will work out the bonus/penalty stacking for you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    That's ingenious! We were looking at some of the gaming tables out there, but that's food for thought!

I'm sure I'll have plenty of other things to yell at you about, so I'll bite my tongue on the effects changes Seriously though... ever piece you add as time goes is amazing and as I plan to do more than 1 module for FGs, my future self will be thanking your future efforts to make what I am doing now redundant.
    Here's what I'm planning on doing. It's about the same cost, but I'll have the versatility of moving the projector.

I like these clickable traits. Is that doable with conditions? So, lets say a condition can make you sluggish X and flat footed for a certain number of rounds. It would be cool if you could just click on sluggish or flat footed to see what that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Datalore View Post
    I like these clickable traits. Is that doable with conditions? So, lets say a condition can make you sluggish X and flat footed for a certain number of rounds. It would be cool if you could just click on sluggish or flat footed to see what that does.
    In theory it is do-able... But, where are we talking about double-clicking on conditions? In the middle of a spell description or something similar? If so, then that is going to require some pretty complex code running all the time a spell (or whatever record) is open. It's easy to do it in a specific "trait" record - as the only thing there is comma separated traits. In free form text it get's super complicated and isn't something I want to look into...

I still haven't decided exactly how I'm going to implement effects and conditions. Maybe, on the base entry for these (e.g. for effects/conditions window) I might add a way of seeing the condition description. It's something I'll look into when I'm coding effects/conditions later.

If you've seen the Pathfinder Bestiaries (1-3) in the store, then you'll know I'm very keen on making links to the base information, so that players and GMs can get to the information they need to play. So some form of accessing condition descriptions will probably be available at some point.

Ok cool. I GMed the first part of Doomsday Day and players can get all kinds of conditions even in that first module (confused, hampered, stupefied, etc and even common stuff can be an on going effect like flat footed).

Keeping track of all that (plus all the tags on stuff) seems to be the biggest barrier to entry to the Playtest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Datalore View Post
    Keeping track of all that (plus all the tags on stuff) seems to be the biggest barrier to entry to the Playtest for me.
    Have you given Paizo that feedback?

I can't really leave the feedback since the survey is for GMs that finished the module. I have run it a couple times as one shots but neither group finished module 1 of Doomsday Dawn.

By the time I get a stable group together to run Doomsday Dawn, I have a feeling the playtest will be over, lol.

In person, I think it would run ok with something like condition cards but you would need a large stack with ALOT of different cards.

Thread Information