FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Noob Questions - How to set up smite evil

Hello guys!
    I need some help... I'm trying my hand on setting up my paladin abilities, and I think I've got channel energy and lay on hands correctly, but I can't do smite evil.
    I've seen some topics on the matter, but honestly, I couldn't understand much of what to do.
    Can someone explain to me in a real noob fashion?

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    I got help with this one last year. Check this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I got help with this one last year. Check this thread.
    Yeah, i've got tons of info on your thread, that's what allowed me to create the 2 effects.
    I'm actually looking for more examples, or a detailed explanation on the basics, so I can mess with things and create effects for spells and such

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    I'm actually looking for more examples, or a detailed explanation on the basics, so I can mess with things and create effects for spells and such
    See the "Effects Library" stick thread for lots of examples: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffects-library

Explanation of the basics in the user guide Effects page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See the "Effects Library" stick thread for lots of examples: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffects-library

Explanation of the basics in the user guide Effects page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects
    I've seen these posts, I've tried to make sense of them to create different effects, but the updated FG interface looks different (or at least, I couldn't see what goes where in many cases.
    Do you know if there's some sort of tutorial in video?

I've seen these posts, I've tried to make sense of them to create different effects, but the updated FG interface looks different (or at least, I couldn't see what goes where in many cases.
    Do you know if there's some sort of tutorial in video?
    Effects go into the relevant PC/NPC in the combat tracker (CT). If effects aren't in the CT then they aren't active.

You can create an effects library in a PC actions tab. Add a spell class (even though you wont' be using spells) and add a "spell" as a header under which you can create actions and effects - right-click to get to these menus.

Look at some of the PFS pregen PCs available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rs-(FG-format) Import some of these into FG and look at their actions tab - a lot of them (particularly the ones make by Farnaby) have a lot of actions and effects.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Effects go into the relevant PC/NPC in the combat tracker (CT). If effects aren't in the CT then they aren't active.

You can create an effects library in a PC actions tab. Add a spell class (even though you wont' be using spells) and add a "spell" as a header under which you can create actions and effects - right-click to get to these menus.

Look at some of the PFS pregen PCs available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rs-(FG-format) Import some of these into FG and look at their actions tab - a lot of them (particularly the ones make by Farnaby) have a lot of actions and effects.
    Thanks, I've just downloaded and started testing. Using the Paladin Template to try the Smite Evil, I've come to two commands that won't work: IFT e REMOVE. I've seen that probably these 2 became obsolete due to FG updating, but I can't seem to find the new comands, so I can adapt.
    Can you help me with that?

Thanks, I've just downloaded and started testing. Using the Paladin Template to try the Smite Evil, I've come to two commands that won't work: IFT e REMOVE. I've seen that probably these 2 became obsolete due to FG updating, but I can't seem to find the new comands, so I can adapt.
    Can you help me with that?
    As mentioned by Farnaby in the post where the files were available - "The following extensions are used in some of the pregens in the optional conditions file, make sure you have the latest version of these extensions loaded." With links to the extensions. Some of these will be obsolete now - but check the relevant extension links to see what they provide, and if you want to use them check if there is a FG v3.3.6 compatible version.

REMOVE is part of the code for the player removal extension. IFT still works fine - it's detailed in the user guide page.

Ok, let's try to be specific: Here's the macro I'm using for power attack

Smite Evil;ATK: [CHA]; DMG:[LVL]; AC:[CHA]
    Target: Self

I gave up on the IFT, now I'm trying to target the effect, so instead of pressing the button. So I hold Shift, Drag it to an enemy. The effect appears as applied with specific target, but no difference in att roll.
    When I just press the button, without targeting, it works as it should but won't specify a target, I'll be hitting everybody this way.

So... any ideas?

When applying PC specific data (the stuff in square brackets), it has to be done via the effect button on the action tab, dragging won't convert the PC based parameters to their numerical values.

So you should look to use the IFT conditional effect.

Add IFT: ALIGN(evil); before the ATK, DMG and AC entries in your effect.

The thing to note with IFT ATK effects is that they don't directly modify the base attack roll (in case of multiple targets), but the hit/miss attack report will indicate that the effect is being used, if appropriate, and the Hit/Miss calculation will take it into account.

Here's an example. You can see the ATK: 2 effect applying to the attack against the evil Demon [EFFECTS +2] but not for attacks against the neutral Aeon:

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information