DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

I don't know if this helps, but Malwarebytes does block Fantasy Grounds through their "Web protection" module. From what I understand, malwarebytes are aware of this and have said they will address it in a future version.
    So, if you run that - disable Webprotection, and you should be good to go.

The same applies to any web protection, internet filtering or parental control software installed on your machine. Also, your router can also have similar settings as well, and should be checked to make sure any settings like that are disabled.

Regards,
    JPG

It happened to me also, but sometimes is not a antivirus/firewall/router filtering ports thing.....
    My problem was with my FG account, i put my login info wrong in the updater, so when the updater try to download the files it send a wrong user credentials so the server blocks the connection and sends a bad request error.....

Try to clear your login info from the updater (or check you user/password)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spikebh View Post
    It happened to me also, but sometimes is not a antivirus/firewall/router filtering ports thing.....
    My problem was with my FG account, i put my login info wrong in the updater, so when the updater try to download the files it send a wrong user credentials so the server blocks the connection and sends a bad request error.....

Hey spikebh, welcome to the forums

Thanks for posting another cause and solution for this issue. Odds are it will help someone else out and I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

*performs thread necromancy most foul*

Hey Folks,

I'm suddenly having this issue as well. Doesn't seem to be an issue on my Windows setup, as I pushed my computer onto my phone's mobile hotspot instead of my home network and the update ran flawlessly. The question is.... what is Comcast's crappy router doing to block the updater and how can I tell it to stop? I've got 1802 forwarding set up.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JShadow007 View Post
    *performs thread necromancy most foul*

Hey Folks,

I'm suddenly having this issue as well. Doesn't seem to be an issue on my Windows setup, as I pushed my computer onto my phone's mobile hotspot instead of my home network and the update ran flawlessly. The question is.... what is Comcast's crappy router doing to block the updater and how can I tell it to stop? I've got 1802 forwarding set up.

Thanks!
    Updates aren’t done via port 1802, just normal Internet comms. Check on your router for any "family" safe site blocking or similar.

Also make sure that your network connection on your PC is shown as private and not public.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe!

No blocking that I can tell--I've disabled all of Comcat's "internet security" features on their router.

Seems like others are having the same issue thanks to Xfinity messing with something...moving to that thread since it's perhaps a bit more in line with my issue

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post455956

Quote Originally Posted by spikebh View Post

THANK YOU! Finally an applicable answer instead of reading page-after-page ad nauseam about firewalls and anti-virus. Those aren't in place to cause a problem, they're in place to prevent malicious activity, anyone thinking they are safe without them is fooling themselves.

The fix described above by spikebh fixed my issue perfectly, thank you!

Thread Information