5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

ERROR - GetProducts

Hey Guys,

I ran into this issue a couple of days ago when the patch was first released. Whenever I would attempt to update it would provide me an error code that said:

ERROR - GetProducts: Network: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.

I thought nothing of it, avoided the update and continued to be able to play on a campaign my DM was running. This happened for 2 different sessions over 2 weeks. In the most recent session it gave me the same error in the updater but instead of not doing anything a small updater bar started filling in on the bottom of the initial log in program, thinking it finally corrected itself I let it finish and attempted to log in. I was successful in logging in but later when I was disconnected from my host due to their connectivity issues I wasn't able to re-log in. I would get the same error message I would get when attempting to run the updater.

At this point, I looked over all the forum posts. I don't have malware bytes, I have all firewalls disabled (Windows Defender, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Windows Firewall). I don't have anything of note on my router, and nothing had changed with that prior to this error. I still reset my router just to be safe, but I still receive the same error code.

Any help with this would be amazing. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the forums.

EDIT...

As has been noted in the other threads you've read, this is due to something on your computer or local network (router, etc.) changing the URL that the Fantasy Grounds update system uses to access the FG update server.

Sometimes disabling firewalls/security apps doesn't actually fully disable them - they still keep some level of security going.

What security/AV/anti-malware apps do you usually have enabled?
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 15th, 2018 at 16:39.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I only run windows firewall and Microsoft security essentials.

Both of which have been disabled, I even deleted MSE.
    Last edited by TehDerpyOne; August 15th, 2018 at 17:30.

This is also something that can be done by parental control or internet filtering software. Additionally, it can be something set up on the router as well, and not even specific to your machine.

Regards,
    JPG

That's why I reached out to the forums, I went through all of the methods you guys posted about that I could find. I reset my Router, I updated the firewalls and the parental controls to be completely disabled. I deleted the only AV I had which was MSE, and I disabled windows firewall. I've been trying to fix this for about a week now, I've done all the options I've seen provided. I attempted a reinstall from scratch directly and from steam. Nothing.

I had this running for 3 months, up until the most recent update where everything bricked. No changes were made to my system.
    Last edited by TehDerpyOne; August 15th, 2018 at 19:32.

If you are using Windows defender then it has a tendency to create multiple rules for FG, And as Trenloe says above switching off an AV or firewall isn't always the solution you might think it is. So make doubly sure that there aren't multiple rules in WD; and if there are delete them all and create a new one. Even if there is only one rule delete it and create a new one.

It is also possible that either of the AV you use already quarantined FG so make sure that hasn't happened.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I don't have windows defender, only mentioned it because I read the other posts. None of these options I've been provided has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by TehDerpyOne View Post
    I don't have windows defender, only mentioned it because I read the other posts. None of these options I've been provided has worked.
    What operating system do you use?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information