DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    You'll find some additional ToA maps here.

If you look for the story entry 10.0 The Party is Really Here you will find that all of the travel information is pinned to that story entry - see the story entry 'Using this module in Fantasy Grounds' for more information on navigation, the map options and the player pin mark provided.

Once you have found that story drag it to one of the quick bar slots so that you can easily find it again.

Obviously you can add your own pins to that story; the ones that are there are just the ones I thought might be useful; but there are many more that can be added.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Those were the maps I found! Super useful! Thank you!

Some of the information I felt missing might just be me. I'm wanting to running the beginning jungle scenario a bit more survival based. So I found myself needing to look up a bunch of information and/or wanting to consolidate it in one location, like:

Transportation and Beasts of Burden:

Canoe - 50gp, holds up to 6 medium.

Bit and bridle - 2gp
    Barding - x4, x2 (Armor)
    Saddlebags - 4gp

Feed (per day) 5cp, 10lb

Beasts of Burden
    Donkey or Mule - 8gp, Speed 40, Carrying Capacity 420lb
    Elephant - 200gp, Speed 40, 1,320lb
    Horse Draft - 50gp, Speed 40, 540lb
    Pony - 30gp, Speed 40, 225lb
    Hadrosaurus - 100gp, speed 40, 450lb
    Ankylosaurus - 250gp, Speed 30, 570lb
    Triceratops - 500gp, Speed 50, 1,320lb
    Deinonychus - 250gp, Speed 40, 225lb

Water Storage
    Bottle (glass) (0.2 gallon) -2gp, 2lb
    Waterskin (0.5 gallon) - 2sp, 5lb
    Jug (1 gallon) - 2cp, 4lb
    Barrel (40 gallon) - 2gp, 70lb

Water needs
    Horses (Mules, Pony) need 15 gallons of water per day.
    Hadrosaurus need 30 gallons of water per day.
    Ankylosaurus need 40 gallons of water per day.
    Elephants (Triceratops, Ankylosaurus) need 50 gallons of water per day.

Note: I'm guesstimating dinosaur water needs based on my findings for Horses and Elephants ( internet searches).

If players are going to be going days and days into the jungle and require X amount of water.... Also how much water do the mounts require? (Granted they don't have as sensitive systems so should be able to drink from non-purified water - at least that's my current thought).
    Last edited by Jaradakar; August 19th, 2018 at 18:33.

Yep it's just you

That's exactly the kind of thing that you could create a story entry for and pin it to the The party are here entry. As you noted above don't create notes but use stories. That way, should you have the need to you could export all your created story entries into a module for use in another campaign (especially another ToA campaign you might run for another group).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Since the Reference Manuals are a bit easier to read with the embedded images, you can pop those individual pages that you need out of the reference manual and then link that into a Story section or Outline of important items. Any new story entries you create get added to NEW by default, but you can create your own group and organize them there. As Zacchaeus mentioned, the hotkey bars at the bottom are also a great place to put stuff you expect you'll need in the next game session. There are 12 hotkeys and then you can hold CTRL to get another 12, ALT to get another set, SHIFT, Shift+Alt, Shift+CTRL, Shift+Alt+Ctrl, Alt+Ctrl. Essentially, you get 96 different hotkeys available.

If you are photoshop savvy, you could also create a basic JPG image with buckets or areas where you want to store all your different links and just move in and out pushpins to there. The only downside of that approach is that you would have to hover over them to see what each pin was.

Visible Pin labels!!!! Need!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I completely agree. It's like kinds quest 1.

It's 2022 and FGU software still looks like classic. More and more virtual tabletops are coming out with way better looking UI yet the website and software is still stuck in early 2000s design. It's so disappointed because FG is a powerhouse, and has things baked in that you have to get modules in Foundry for. Yet, I cannot recommend this software to any of my fellow DM friends because of how confusing and old it is. I hope there's a UI overhaul for the website and software in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by itsraechan View Post
    It's 2022 and FGU software still looks like classic. More and more virtual tabletops are coming out with way better looking UI yet the website and software is still stuck in early 2000s design. It's so disappointed because FG is a powerhouse, and has things baked in that you have to get modules in Foundry for. Yet, I cannot recommend this software to any of my fellow DM friends because of how confusing and old it is. I hope there's a UI overhaul for the website and software in the near future.
    As far as the website, this is something that we can agree upon - it's old and clunky and the shop isn't super intuitive.

As far as FGU is concerned, I disagree completely. I always find it weird that people complain about the GUI, then list that FGU has super powerful features - I simply think those things are hand-in-hand (it's system agnostic, it allows for extensions, ect). The GUI can use improvement, sure, but do I want that improvement to come over optimization or other features? No, not at all.

What's more is that any change to the GUI at this point garners extreme pain for those that have previously learned it. Frankly, I don't think it's too much to ask for GMs to learn a new GUI in order to have access to what has been, for me, the most powerful campaign tool I've ever encountered. You mention "better looking" GUI, but what about usability? To me, Foundry and others (with flashier GUIs and features) lack the obvious power that FGU has, and suffer for it.
    Last edited by srbongo; February 24th, 2022 at 21:55.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    As far as the website, this is something that we can agree upon - it's old and clunky and the shop isn't super intuitive.

As far as FGU is concerned, I disagree completely. I always find it weird that people complain about the GUI, then list that FGU has super powerful features - I simply think those things are hand-in-hand (it's system agnostic, it allows for extensions, ect). The GUI can use improvement, sure, but do I want that improvement to come over optimization or other features? No, not at all.

What's more is that any change to the GUI at this point garners extreme pain for those that have previously learned it. Frankly, I don't think it's too much to ask for GMs to learn a new GUI in order to have access to what has been, for me, the most powerful campaign tool I've ever encountered. You mention "better looking" GUI, but what about usability? To me, Foundry and others (with flashier GUIs and features) lack the obvious power that FGU has, and suffer for it.
    I have been spending my afternoon reading threads about issue with the UI and I have been an FG user for over 6 years. My players constantly complain about the UI and do not remember how to do things. We have switched DM's so when I DM'ed I would go in to their character sheets and help with action and spell automation. Still it has a big learning curve.
    The circular menus are a pain, particularly when they go more than one level deep. It is easy to miss the icon and then you are back to the start.
    Lack of scalable text is a is a pain, as is the lack of multi monitor support.

I have not being paying much attention to D&D Beyond until recently when they gave away the free copy of Acquisitions Incorporated and had another look both the UI, the character sheet and the mobile app. If WotC buys or develops a VTT in the next five years (I am betting they will buy one in 2) and FantasyGrounds has not improved its usability there will only be old users and WoTC will eat their lunch. This would disappoint me a lot.
    I think there is a lot of capability and a lot of potential but ease of use is very important.

I am old enough to remember the struggle for the desktop and in general Linux in all iterations was a superior OS to Windows or Mac but that did not save it. It was too hard to use, XWindows came too late and was not consistent across distros. There was more to it than that, of course.

As I have said; buried in all the threads on this topic are some very good suggestions as to how the UI may be improved. I am aware that will require a rewrite of the application, that does not mean it is a bad idea. All applications need a rewrite eventually as technical debt builds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Visible Pin labels!!!! Need!
    Tabs
    Place cheesy quote here

Thread Information