FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 33 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    This is fantastic! We will take some time out of our AP campaign to work on testing this out!

I noticed most the things we found are previously mentioned but didn't notice one thing we caught (unless I just missed it reading through)…

When someone isn't wearing any armor, they are still getting a negative proficiency bonus added to their AC. Did notice that our human got only -1 proficiency and our dwarf got -2 to proficiencies, and am trying to figure out if there's something in the rules that indicate humans get a lower penalty. There appears to be no way to alter that base proficiency rating as it's all done internally so no way to adjust that or see where it's being altered.

PS: Is there any restriction to creating a module for the Beta Adventure (Doomsday Dawn) and sharing that?
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    When someone isn't wearing any armor, they are still getting a negative proficiency bonus added to their AC. Did notice that our human got only -1 proficiency and our dwarf got -2 to proficiencies, and am trying to figure out if there's something in the rules that indicate humans get a lower penalty. There appears to be no way to alter that base proficiency rating as it's all done internally so no way to adjust that or see where it's being altered.
    You need to manually select the correct level of proficiency for your AC - based off the lower of the armour you're wearing and the shield you're wielding. "Unarmored defense" also has a proficiency - so if you're not wearing armor you still have a proficiency. From page 176 of the Playtest Rules: "If you’re not wearing armor, substitute your proficiency in unarmored defense."

Proficiency bonus is based off the proficiency level set for the relevant entry and the total character level within the "Class & Level" window. I've seen nothing in the Playtest rules that alter that, hence there is no way in the ruleset to adjust proficiency globally. However, I have deliberately put modifier fields for all proficiency based abilities, so you can always change totals based off that.

If the Dwarf is not showing correct proficiency bonus, please export the character XML (click the blue down arrow in the top right of the Character Tracker window and post the XML here for us to check.

PS: Is there any restriction to creating a module for the Beta Adventure (Doomsday Dawn) and sharing that?
    You are limited by the OGL, which restricts what you can share. See this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post400861 and the post after for more info.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just something small. Upon picking the Half-elf ancestry the tracker indicates that you should select one ancestry feat; however, the Half-orc does not prompt such an ancestry feat to be taken. I dont know if you need the xml's or just the words suffice for the bug. I will continue to try and find issues. Thanks again Trenloe and all.

Quote Originally Posted by jontorregano View Post
    Just something small. Upon picking the Half-elf ancestry the tracker indicates that you should select one ancestry feat; however, the Half-orc does not prompt such an ancestry feat to be taken. I dont know if you need the xml's or just the words suffice for the bug.
    Thanks for reporting.

It looks like the details for Half-Elf and Half-Orc haven't been updated in the module.

Background: You don't get to select an ancestry feat at level 1 if you select Half-Elf or Half-Orc. You get the relevant Heritage feat and choose ancestry benefits listed in that feat.

This will be fixed in the next data release, and will look something like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome, thanks for the quick work. I'll keep poking around. I'll try to check the thread to make sure I am not repeating issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You need to manually select the correct level of proficiency for your AC - based off the lower of the armour you're wearing and the shield you're wielding. "Unarmored defense" also has a proficiency - so if you're not wearing armor you still have a proficiency. From page 176 of the Playtest Rules: "If you’re not wearing armor, substitute your proficiency in unarmored defense."

Proficiency bonus is based off the proficiency level set for the relevant entry and the total character level within the "Class & Level" window. I've seen nothing in the Playtest rules that alter that, hence there is no way in the ruleset to adjust proficiency globally. However, I have deliberately put modifier fields for all proficiency based abilities, so you can always change totals based off that.

If the Dwarf is not showing correct proficiency bonus, please export the character XML (click the blue down arrow in the top right of the Character Tracker window and post the XML here for us to check.
    I saw that reference, but I have looked through the rules (there is a lot to absorb) and am struggling to see where Unarmored Proficiency is a thing. For example, Monk is "Untrained in all armor" but doesn't say they have Unarmored Proficiency. There's not feat that grants proficiency in unarmored defense. This might be more of a PF2 thing I should be reporting on, but it seems to me that everyone starts with proficiency in unarmored defense and developing it further allows you to gain extra benefits beyond the base starting point (IE: Monks gain expert unarmored defense with Graceful Expertise). Thankfully, I can just go in and put a "T" under proficiency in the Combat-AC Tab, so that works. Hopefully, some of these rough edges will get smoothed out through beta for the new ruleset.

As far as the dwarf goes, I went back and looked into it closer and it turns out that the player hadn't completed the character so the proficiency modifier wasn't taking into account level (1) so was reporting as -2.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I saw that reference, but I have looked through the rules (there is a lot to absorb) and am struggling to see where Unarmored Proficiency is a thing. For example, Monk is "Untrained in all armor" but doesn't say they have Unarmored Proficiency. There's not feat that grants proficiency in unarmored defense. This might be more of a PF2 thing I should be reporting on, but it seems to me that everyone starts with proficiency in unarmored defense and developing it further allows you to gain extra benefits beyond the base starting point (IE: Monks gain expert unarmored defense with Graceful Expertise).
    Yeah, there's really not much in the rules other than mentioning "unarmored defense" on page 176 and that the Monk gets "Graceful Expertise - Your unarmored defense proficiency rank is expert."

Page 43 mentions: "Each class entry typically specifies your character’s proficiency rank in Perception, saving throws, weapons, and armor. If a mechanic isn’t listed in your character’s class entry, her proficiency rank in that mechanic is considered untrained unless she gains training from another source."

Thankfully, I can just go in and put a "T" under proficiency in the Combat-AC Tab, so that works.
    No matter what the end result for unarmored defense proficiency (or other weapon/armor proficiency) there is currently no automation to automatically set the proficiency level for AC or attacks in the ruleset - the player has to set it manually.

Fifth, there are a few pieces of early errata that we need to get up immediately.
    All PCs are trained in being unarmored.
    Both Alchemists and Druids should be trained in 3 skills (+ Int Mod) each (instead of 2 and 4 respectively).
    Alchemists can use Quick Alchemy for any alchemical item in their formula book.
    https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2vawh?Post-Gen-Con-Update

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    Fifth, there are a few pieces of early errata that we need to get up immediately.
    All PCs are trained in being unarmored.
    Both Alchemists and Druids should be trained in 3 skills (+ Int Mod) each (instead of 2 and 4 respectively).
    Alchemists can use Quick Alchemy for any alchemical item in their formula book.
    https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2vawh?Post-Gen-Con-Update
    Thanks for the info. We will adjust future data as necessary. This only affects the current ruleset in terms of the guidance to train the skills in the character tracker. All others are currently handled manually.

No ability boost at level 10. Why cant we just manually edit the stats like normal in a 5th ed module?

Thread Information