DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Token issues with extension (5E)

EDIT: PROBLEM CORRECTED! Thank you, Moon Wizard!!!

Hi all,

I am hoping to use the smarts here to fix a problem that I've been banging my head on the wall for. The extension modifies PCs by adding an additional health value (vitality/fatigue). I think the problem lies in the token code and that it doesn't use the new PC health fields since it doesn't distinguish between PC and NPC tokens for wound categories - making it skip calculations necessary for PC values. Has anyone run into a similar problem or have any advice -- any at all would be appreciated.
    Last edited by trembot_89; August 15th, 2018 at 18:12.

First 5/10 Evolutions of my problem as displayed by JO SHMO beating up Jef:

1. Healthy: No damage has been delivered. 90 HP + 10 Vitality = 100 Total HP (for determining wound category % thresholds).
    2. Moderate Damage: At 25 damage taken over several small hits, it has bumped the wound category to moderate; no problems yet since vitality hasn't been damaged yet.
    3. Moderate to Critical: After two big hits the vitality goes down and the MaxHP gets cut and has dropped the Total HP to 60. The chat, CT, and PC sheet all display a critical wound but the token is still displaying a moderate wound.
    4. Critical Catch Up: A small amount of damage doesn't get through to the Vitality but shakes things up enough so that the token recognizes the wound as critical.
    5. Dying: Jef has received enough damage so that all HP and Vitality are gone and is now dying, except the token still doesn't realize what's going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last 5/10 Evolutions into the problem:

6. Dying(1): Even after Jef (who is Dying) takes a hit, forcing a failed death save, the token still does not recognize his dire situation.
    7. Revived but Dying?: A surprising turn of events, Jef critically succeeds a death save and is revived to the positive HP, but the token wound is behind the curve as usual and thinks he is still dying.
    8. Dead: JO SHMO keeps on the assault and manages to kill Jef, 2 forced fails and the final death roll was rolled. Token still says critical.
    9. TMP Foolishness: Here we see that by altering the temporary HP, the token is forced to update into the current status condition - but now dead Jef has 1 TMP HP.
    10. Category Reversal: Just to demonstrate how screwy it can be, I put Jef into the critical wound threshold (56 HP, 4 Vit damage; 60/80) and gave a max'd crit with 2d6 for 24 damage. Jef is now dying but the token calculations think his wound has healed to the heavy category.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's just an offhand question, do you have the option on for 'detailed' information for wounds? For 5e it should be Healthy -> Light -> Moderate -> Heavy -> Critical - Dying -> Dead.

Yes, I currently use the detailed selection.

In case you haven't been able to drill in to the right area, the code that handled updating the health indicators for tokens was revamped as part of v3.3.6.

There's a function in TokenManager2.onInit for the built-in rulesets, that registers which fields should be listened to for decorating token health and effects. You'll probably need to override this script, and add "vitality" and "fatigue" to the health field registration list.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; August 15th, 2018 at 05:30.

Thank you so much, I'll do that!!!

EDIT: It worked! Thank you so much, truly!!!
    Last edited by trembot_89; August 15th, 2018 at 18:13.

Thread Information