FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Maps & Combat

Maps & Combat

How does the FG version of 13th Age handle combat and maps? From my experience in running f2f games of 13th Age it's pretty much a grid-less system.
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Well, I can‘t tell for sure. It is possible to run battles in 13th Age w/o maps, although there are many adventure modules available showing maps.
    How I do it, is to visualize the scene (see resource book product for more details) at the beginning of an encounter. You‘d definatly don‘t need to count feet distance, because the rules are much more flexible without it, and combat speeds up dramatically if you don‘t do it e.g. the Pathfinder style.
    I‘m even considering moving from the Pathfinder rules to the 13th Age rules. It looks like Pathfinder2 copied some of the 13th Age rules as well..

okay, thanks, I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the 13th Age stuff or not
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Well, I‘m running a 13th Age Online Game running Slack (and I couldn‘t do this with e.g. Pathfinder) atm... FG would probably do better, if you‘re running e.g. weekly sessions.
    You can do what you want with FG. Nothing hinders you. Just 13th Age, as you know then from f2f games, wouldn‘t require to use battlemaps.

Thread Information