5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Yet another image issue...

After the last update I keep getting this error when opening images, especially maps with the mask enabled: Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Locations pic.jpg)

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Did you rename the original file or change its dimensions?
    What ruleset are you using?
    What extensions do you have loaded?
    How much RAM is Fantasy Grounds using on your computer?
    --
    There hasnt been an update in Live in a couple of months - are you sure its "After the last update"?

I think I figured it out, I had two extensions that seemed to be the cause, I think...
    I'm using 5E ruleset, FG version 3.3.5; I was running on test in order to get Advanced Combat ext working but I deleted it and switched back to live version.
    The following extensions: Action Abilities, Advanced Effects, Enhanced Forge, Attunement Tracker, Encounter Diff Calc (new), 14pt Clear Font, Random Treasure Generator, Coins Weight, Death Indicator, Fat Story Frames, Table Import, Current HP, Fantasy Lang Fonts, Session Decals, Hero Points, Remove 0 HP NPCs, Sticky Windows (and companion ext), Theo Improved Critical, Use Up Powers, and Window Saver X.

I had to uninstall all DOE exts and Field Filters All Libraries. Those two gave me the most errors.
    I have no idea how to tell how much RAM I'm using.

Blog Entries
    While Advanced Kombat requires 3.3.6 many of those other extension will not have been tested or updated for 3.3.6 as its not yet live. Especially anything that affects the Combat Tracker.
    Additionally Ken L clearly writes:

COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER EXTENSIONS

None what so ever.

This extension touches many of the major files like CombatManager and TokenManager, and even the data_library. If you want to ensure this extension runs as advertised, disable every single extension you have before enabling AK. Then enable each one, one-at-a-time in subsequent openings and check for conflicts. If you’re savvy, you can open up both extensions to ensure they don’t override the same files.

Why the lack of attention or care to this? Given how the global scripts operate, I already had to omnibus several of the component extensions that make up AK. Releasing them a la carte would be tedious and some would cease to function without the other or would require too many dependencies such that it could not exist without the other extension, and that extension depending on yet another.

The last thing I want my weekend to consist of is patching for X, Y, or Z extension because somebody really wants to use the two together. My generic response to that is if that person really wants to use AK and that extension, then they should be willing to try integrating it themselves.
    You have a ****tail ripe for errors Im afraid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You have a ****tail ripe for errors Im afraid.
    The forum software objected to my use of a word describing a mixed alcoholic drink containing at least three ingredients.
    I was not swearing at you!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The forum software objected to my use of a word describing a mixed alcoholic drink containing at least three ingredients.
    I was not swearing at you!
    I am glad you explained that because I just could not figure out what the missing word was
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I am glad you explained that because I just could not figure out what the missing word was
    So did I...
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I did not have all those extensions when I was running on test. I only had Advanced Kombat running then just to check it out. When I switched back to live, I deleted that and threw back in all my extensions that were working before I hopped on test.

And I don't care if you swear at me, I'm not a little snowflake who will whither and cry when someone calls me bad words on the interwebs!

Well, it's still giving me this error "Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Underdungeon PM.jpg)"

With all extensions disabled I still get it. It seems to only affect images with a mask applied...

Check in your campaign images directory (click the "folder" button at the top of the maps/images data list) - does that file exist?

Or, is it an image in a module? If so, can you unlock the image or is it read only?

When does that error occur? When you first open the image window? Do you see the image in the window or not?

What versions are reported in the chat window for all loaded rulesets (CoreRPG, etc.)?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information