FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 19 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    I guess this means I go back to work on my set. Admittedly it looks like **** compared to Cato's stuff. (And I had barely started on the character-sheet when he first posted about his set). So ... eh, on the whole? Don't hold your breath for it, I am going to be working nights until October but should be able to crank something ugly out in that time.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Wasn’t there some one else working on this as well, Paul that had done the 2nd edition rule set. Could he take what had been done and finish it? It looked like it was 80% of the way there and could have been a commercial version. I know my group would have bought an official rule set and modules if available.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    Wasn’t there some one else working on this as well, Paul that had done the 2nd edition rule set. Could he take what had been done and finish it? It looked like it was 80% of the way there and could have been a commercial version. I know my group would have bought an official rule set and modules if available.
    It is not 80% done....

There is somewhat of a false hope that often comes up when things have a basic "look" completed, without going into how much under the hood remains to be done.
    Thankfully, this game doesn't have too much that needs automating, so I've been able to survive just with Core/MoreCore for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberoten View Post
    I guess this means I go back to work on my set. Admittedly it looks like **** compared to Cato's stuff. (And I had barely started on the character-sheet when he first posted about his set). So ... eh, on the whole? Don't hold your breath for it, I am going to be working nights until October but should be able to crank something ugly out in that time.

- Obe
    I volunteer to make some original art assets if you need things at a pinch feel free to DM me any request before that date if you have anything in mind ... will also give you time to decide is they're any less **** than any other ****. Would not be offended if you don't end up using anything I make.

I know exactly where Cato left off. I was going to finish it. The IP art I can not confirm can be used, the textures, I can't confirm if they are original, stolen or bought. So it would need to be skinned. The coding... well 50% is my 2nd edition code with some edits, the balance is unfinished. It needs about a solid month or more of work if you can start from the basic point of knowing how the ruleset flows. I turned it back to Cato because he said he wanted to finish it.

Bit disappointing that he walked away again. At this point, if there is no 4th ed in the works, it would be easier for me to start from my 2nd edition and work forward. I can't promise anything. I need to evaluate my time available. I want a 4th ed set too.

One bummer... speaking game mechanics is the attack resolution can't be automated. And no opposed rolls can be automated. At least not a way I can see. So, in terms of getting a set ready, it does make it easier.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    I know exactly where Cato left off. I was going to finish it. The IP art I can not confirm can be used, the textures, I can't confirm if they are original, stolen or bought. So it would need to be skinned. The coding... well 50% is my 2nd edition code with some edits, the balance is unfinished. It needs about a solid month or more of work if you can start from the basic point of knowing how the ruleset flows. I turned it back to Cato because he said he wanted to finish it.

Bit disappointing that he walked away again. At this point, if there is no 4th ed in the works, it would be easier for me to start from my 2nd edition and work forward. I can't promise anything. I need to evaluate my time available. I want a 4th ed set too.

One bummer... speaking game mechanics is the attack resolution can't be automated. And no opposed rolls can be automated. At least not a way I can see. So, in terms of getting a set ready, it does make it easier.
    Hi Paul,

There have been several offers for assist with GFX and I am also able to assist on that front - I have no time to take on another coding task though.
    Cato did suggest that all the artwork was his own but that is not verified in any way.
    I have been thinking about opposed rolls for Star Wars d6 and Im going to try something like this:
    The defender rolls first and that adds to the CT.
    The attacker then rolls and they then have a target number in the CT to perform the opposed roll against.
    Im still on the step prior to this so I havent tried it yet but I think it should work...

I thought of something similar based on capturing rolls like the manual roller does. It two steps, but will work to automate the results. Tell me how the CT options works out. I like that. WHFRP 4th ahs many defense options so I was thinking the manual window... or a window with the same features could capture and then be configured.

I talked with Cato on the graphics too. Not be able to confirm was my issue. Also, since he plans to develop this for Foundry with the same graphic set, I think this project should about face from any of his work to avoid issues. Like my 2nd ed set, I think I will focus on getting something working then delve into the graphics second.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    I think this project should about face from any of his work to avoid issues. Like my 2nd ed set, I think I will focus on getting something working then delve into the graphics second.
    I think that’s the best approach.

Thanks for taking this on, again... :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You're a star for taking this on.

I ran about 10 sessions with this ruleset but it got too cumbersome so I left it until further work was done.

I found that the die roller calculations worked ok without automation - it wasn't too bad working out the opposed calculation. The hardest part was applying the dizzying amount of modifiers that you can get. If there was a comprehensive set of effects to apply to the tracker which affected the die calculation etc - that alone would make it so much easier to run.

Anyway, I am sure you know your stuff. Just let me know if I can help with anything.

And I agree that although it looks pretty it needs a new skin.

Thread Information