DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 19 First ... 71516171819 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    I know exactly where Cato left off. I was going to finish it. The IP art I can not confirm can be used, the textures, I can't confirm if they are original, stolen or bought. So it would need to be skinned. The coding... well 50% is my 2nd edition code with some edits, the balance is unfinished. It needs about a solid month or more of work if you can start from the basic point of knowing how the ruleset flows. I turned it back to Cato because he said he wanted to finish it.

Bit disappointing that he walked away again. At this point, if there is no 4th ed in the works, it would be easier for me to start from my 2nd edition and work forward. I can't promise anything. I need to evaluate my time available. I want a 4th ed set too.

One bummer... speaking game mechanics is the attack resolution can't be automated. And no opposed rolls can be automated. At least not a way I can see. So, in terms of getting a set ready, it does make it easier.
    Thanks Paul

So, will just ask this here, mostly related...
    I have quite a bit of Warhammer data scattered throughout various versions of rulesets. I was *thinking* of plodding my way thru and putting in all the data for npsc, items,spells,ect for the current WHFRP 2ed ruleset.
    Should i sit on this project until a ruleset for 4E comes out?

If i knew i could open an exported mod from 2E to 4E without issue (core-based) then I would plod along and upgrade when I could.
    Thanks for any suggestions on this.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread from one eye, hoping to have a ruleset to run Wfrp4. I have been running the game locally since it launched last summer but the campaign is concluding, and I am looking to run a long-term online regular campaign (local gaming is great, but scheduling is hell). With Cato leaving the development, where does that leave this ruleset? I hope to start my campaign mid-August and evaluating my VTT options, between FG2, Roll20, Foundry (where Cato and other moved their efforts). I am curious therefore whether we can hope for a FG2 ruleset before the Enemy Within release in September?
    Are you not getting enough Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd or Star Wars Edge of the Empire? Are you curious about playing them online? Join the FFG Virtual RPG board!

Looks like the answer would be no FG ruleset ready for September because:

1. Interested coders (Paul & Oberoten) will not likely be availble to commit time till after September/October
    2. Code requires at least solid month of work.
    3. Art requires complete redo ... this will be more than a month's work as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ceodryn View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread from one eye, hoping to have a ruleset to run Wfrp4. I have been running the game locally since it launched last summer but the campaign is concluding, and I am looking to run a long-term online regular campaign (local gaming is great, but scheduling is hell). With Cato leaving the development, where does that leave this ruleset? I hope to start my campaign mid-August and evaluating my VTT options, between FG2, Roll20, Foundry (where Cato and other moved their efforts). I am curious therefore whether we can hope for a FG2 ruleset before the Enemy Within release in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Looks like the answer would be no FG ruleset ready for September because:

1. Interested coders (Paul & Oberoten) will not likely be availble to commit time till after September/October
    2. Code requires at least solid month of work.
    3. Art requires complete redo ... this will be more than a month's work as well
    Thanks for the quick reply! It looks like Roll20 is the most able to handle Wfrp4 as of now. I don’t like it, I would prefer FG2, but well... one has to play. I sincerely look forward to a proper FG2 Wfrp4 ruleset but I know it’s a lot of work. When Paul & Oberoten are willing to provide a test platform, I’ll be ready to switch. I have backed FG2 unity thus have hope to use it for Wfrp4 online for years to come.
    Are you not getting enough Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd or Star Wars Edge of the Empire? Are you curious about playing them online? Join the FFG Virtual RPG board!

Has there been any news on this? I understand the original dev just up and left, but it seems another dev or two are looking to either complete it or start over with Paul's work? What's the status on this?

Blog Entries
    Why not just make a character sheet in MoreCore?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

WFRP isn't terribly complicated, but the sheer amount of bookkeeping that comes with the advancement system makes a MoreCore sheet less desirable. It also doesn't support the rolls for WFRP, at least not with degrees of success.

Believe it or not, those two issues actually make it easier to just play with PDF character sheets and a dice roller. Or just go back to WFRP 2e.

So, I picked up FGCU a couple days ago, mostly to play SWADE, but also to play WFRP 4e. I see this project is dead, but I was wondering if anyone had the alpha files, and would be willing to let a fellow programmer tinker.

If not, I'll be working on some tools for myself. But I thought I would ask.

You should ask Paul Pratt about his second Edition WFRP and I don't know if he ever got the 4th edition alpha version. I think he was interested in doing a 4th edition at one time, but didn't have the time. Maybe the two of you could come up with something?

I know that my gaming group would definitely be interested in an Official WFRP 4th Edition ruleset. Currently I am running a 5e campaign, but one of my players use to run 1st and 2nd edition WFRP and said he'd run a 4th edition if there was an official ruleset. I am sure there is a decent number of others too.

Thread Information