FG Spreadshirt Swag

XML NPC referencing?

How do I set up a link that works just as the monster manual appendix reference pages? What is the <link class=??? I know for class features it is reference_classfeature where *** for archetype player option windows it is reference_classability

Better yet...where I can get a complete list of reference classes that function with the 5E ruleset?

I do all the time. In fact I normally look through older and archived posts or refer the the 5e assets module. There is precious little information on details such as a certainty of what each window is refered to as when a link is intended to be used. Most of what I know was researched or deduced on my own after long hours of staring at code trying to figure out the why behind it all. I know I post alot asking for more guidance but it is because o have not found a reliable or defiant source to achieve full understanding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorLovins View Post
    I do all the time. In fact I normally look through older and archived posts or refer the the 5e assets module. There is precious little information on details such as a certainty of what each window is refered to as when a link is intended to be used. Most of what I know was researched or deduced on my own after long hours of staring at code trying to figure out the why behind it all. I know I post alot asking for more guidance but it is because o have not found a reliable or defiant source to achieve full understanding.
    The official reference manuals are all written outside of Fantasy Grounds.
    There isnt a definitive guide to everything - the FG team dont have the resources to produce detailed documentation on all of these things.
    I would look at the Wiki starting here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._File_Overview and here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/Library_Data
    and at some point you may even have to look at the xml/lua code to find more exact detail.
    Another thing you can try is in a 5e campaign grab an existing Character Class and Background and Race and duplicate them and export them.
    Crack open the XML and look at the structure within - that might give you your answers more quickly.

Once you have your answers you might consider to create a reference doc and share it back here.

The easiest way for you to find the exact details of a XML link is to drag a link to a test story entry in a campaign, save the campaign (using /save in the chat window) and then look at the XML in the campaign dB.xml file for the story entry. This will detail the exact XML syntax for the link.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The easiest way for you to find the exact details of a XML link is to drag a link to a test story entry in a campaign, save the campaign (using /save in the chat window) and then look at the XML in the campaign dB.xml file for the story entry. This will detail the exact XML syntax for the link.
    That is a great idea and seem to be on the road to doing that ready. I have notes every where that Definitley need to be organized into a more sensible pattern. I can comfortably create fully functional modules from scratch now. I think my two main weak links are class nomenclature and of coarse trying to hard in regards of recreating books into reference manuals. I didn't realize until I began actually trying to organize each reference page that the word reference really made sense. As I am learning In am trying to develop my own standard page layout mainly based off the Players Handbook. Now that I can actually identify and make sense of the background magic I have made a lot more progress. Tidy organization is Definitley one of those things are are much more difficult than it would seem.
    I am going to you around with the story suggestion mentioned. Can't believe I had to be told to do that l. Thanks for the links!

You really need to use celestian’s wonderful author extension. You are going about this in a way too laborious method. You could be done already. Why do you insist on redoing something that already exists?

Thread Information