5E Character Create Playlist

Connectivity problems: Puzzled, tried lots of stuff

I've been hosting a game for friends for roughly two months now. Then, one day, FG simply stopped taking connections. I can't even connect using localhost.

First of all I wanted to isolate whether or not this was a software or a network issue. Thus, I started a server on a separate laptop, did port forwarding to ensure connections got through, and it said the connection was successful. This leads me to believe that the problem is entirely software oriented. I'm able to run all other online applications as normal on my primary computer. I tried connecting to the Fantasy Grounds website as suggested. I was able to connect.

Here's the things I've attempted to find a cause for this.

I disabled my firewall. This did nothing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

I uninstalled, completely deleted the remaining assets, then reinstalled the program.

I checked to endure the key was placed in correctly. Even when I revert it to a demo program it still fails to connect.

I tried uninstalling Hamachi to ensure it wasn't interfering. Didn't fix it. Note that I was running without Hamachi prior, and it ran fine with Hamachi for roughly a month.

I've fiddled with the forwarding settings on the router a bit to make sure it wasn't a communication problem between the router and PC. This was due to suspicion that perhaps the program itself may have been confused as to what IP it was using. This brought no results.

I tried refreshing my IP. This didn't help. I disconnected the router and waited five minutes, then reconnected. This didn't help.

Bear in mind that I'm not entirely helpless when it comes to tech support, but this situation is really starting to puzzle me. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows 8 with Norton antivirus. The program ran fine for two months, then just spontaneously stopped connecting even via the localhost property. This is a problem isolated to this particular laptop. I haven't changed any settings in my protection software, and the program is set to be 'allowed' through Norton Antivirus.

Through some kind of technical wizardry I managed to get it to work. I apologize for the post!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Aellia

Please do share what your fix was - even if it was something simple.
    This morning I had one where Vipre AV was blocking FG even with rules setup and active.
    As soon as I turned off the Vipre firewall it worked.

I forgot the important step of rebooting the computer. Sometimes changes require a restart to set. I should have done this after every change but i didnt, so i have no idea what steps above actually fixed it. ^^; But rebooting seemed to be what the computer needed to connect again after fiddling with a bunch of stuff.

Thread Information