FG Spreadshirt Swag

Buttons in the chat window

I assume this isn't possible, but perhaps we'll have more robust chat output options for FGU?

My use case here is to present a list of actions to players via a chat message as opposed to a link.

Use a chat bubble in a story entry?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I assume this isn't possible, but perhaps we'll have more robust chat output options for FGU?

My use case here is to present a list of actions to players via a chat message as opposed to a link.
    What type of Actions are you thinking of and how would they look?

Blog Entries
    Like a Survey function? Present a list of options in the chat and tally which ones the players choose?

You could create windowclass which is opened from the chat and it will provide the action button based on its data source path. I have been planning to do something like this for SavageWorlds.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    You could create windowclass which is opened from the chat and it will provide the action button based on its data source path. I have been planning to do something like this for SavageWorlds.
    Actually, I've been thinking of something similar myself - maybe as an mult-Ruleset Extension?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I'm referring to inline. I already have a concept 'pop up' if you will that fires from a link but it's just that, a link to a pop up which in FG, there's quite a bit of pop ups hence why I released an earlier extensions to control the explosion of it.

Part of this is to get more use out of the chat window for simple 'one-off' selections. One such use is adding a button for 'damage' on an attack roll so there's the option to simply roll for an attack, and if it hits, just click the button under the attack.

It's a minor thing, but for multi-attacks, FG has this awful habit of re-arranging the attack order (attack 3, 2, 1 vs 1, 2 ,3) Sometimes it's not even guaranteed to be in reverse order. I've debated changing the action logic for full attacks but I'm focusing on 'detached' logic that I don't need to maintain.

Ken what you are seeing is the asynchronous nature of multiple queued rolls in FG. The Generators extension I posted solves this problem for tables but I haven’t tried to apply that solution on a more global scale. The order rolls finish is somewhat random depending upon how long the physics of each roll take to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I'm referring to inline. I already have a concept 'pop up' if you will that fires from a link but it's just that, a link to a pop up which in FG, there's quite a bit of pop ups hence why I released an earlier extensions to control the explosion of it.

Part of this is to get more use out of the chat window for simple 'one-off' selections. One such use is adding a button for 'damage' on an attack roll so there's the option to simply roll for an attack, and if it hits, just click the button under the attack.

It's a minor thing, but for multi-attacks, FG has this awful habit of re-arranging the attack order (attack 3, 2, 1 vs 1, 2 ,3) Sometimes it's not even guaranteed to be in reverse order. I've debated changing the action logic for full attacks but I'm focusing on 'detached' logic that I don't need to maintain.
    You're out of luck trying to customize chat window itself. FG API does not allow you to do anything like that. The vote feature is built-in within engine and cannot be tweaked in the ruleset. The only best bet is to use shortcut links to do actions. You might be able to do something like when you click the link, invisible windowclass is opened and action would be performed.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information