DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Ok I have applied that. Now in the Cover block (which is now named block_02) I have this
    <block_02>
    <blocktype type="string">image</blocktype>
    <align type="string">left,right</align>
    <size type="string">138,242</size>
    <image type="image"><bitmap>images/cover.jpg</bitmap></image>
    <caption type="string">On the cover</caption>
    <text type="formattedtext">
    <p><b>ON THE COVER</b></p>
    </text>
    </block_02>

My intention is to have the image on the right column and the text vertically centered on the left column. As you see in my attached image from my original post this is swapped. Also is the caption tag required?

Thanks, Trenloe. Boy, did I have a GCE (gross conceptual error) on that one. (not the first or last time, of course).

Blog Entries
    Caption is never required. I almost never use it unless I have been provided with the actual title of the artwork or if the book itself already had a caption.

Text cannot be centered. The only two exceptions to that are the "header" blocktype and an image caption.

XML Modding question 4

Im back and moving along nicely. I am just down to a couple of final touches. Here is my question. How do I assign an image, say a thumbnail, to appear in the data module activation and library windows? The image I am using is the cover image whos original size is 505,654. As always thank you for your time and patience.

XML Modding Question 5

This should be my final question of the night. And it is just for detail quality rather than necessity. How do I add the left and right page turn icons at the bottom of most of the reference manual pages? Are these specific links to certain pages or do they actually turn to the next <refpage> element on the list?

I've merged all of these many threads together - same OP, similar topics. There’s really no need for these to be separate - the fact that they were the same title with an incremental number kinda suggested there wasn’t a need for individual threads as well!

Original request to do this and reason given here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post397779
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Trenloe!

#4: Just make a small PNG image named thumbnail.png in the root folder where your definition.xml and client.xml or db.xml lie. I don't know the exact size FG uses; I've seen some DLC use 150px height. I usually use 200px height.

#5: FG generates those automatically if your indexing is done in a way it wants. See my above commentary on the preferred "inline" method of building your refpages.

Thanks for merging these I hope they will help others! I will get to work on this. These pages are looking real sharp thanks to you all.

Ok actually one last thing. When I copy and paste the copyright symbol © or even do the Alt 0169 combo, the finished product looks like this ©. I can't get rid of the accented A. I didn't put it there. Not sure how to get rid of it.

Blog Entries
    You have to use ASCII codes. & # 169 ; (delete the spaces; stupid vbcode) for Copyright.

FG's formatted text renderer won't render most high characters directly, you have to use the ASCII codes for them.

Thread Information