5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dmssanctum View Post
    Yea, that's what it boils down to, effort vs gain. I wanted some way to track it, but didn't want to have to spend days learning and troubleshooting the code. I'm not sure how much this extension is used right now, but if more people think the effort is worth it, I'll try to tackle it.
    I jumped on it actually. I hope you don't mind.

The way it works is very easy. If the user reach the maximum number specified in the options the other checkboxes change icon and become unclickable.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by st4lk3r87; January 8th, 2019 at 07:10.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

That's actually perfect. Awesome! Thanks for helping out. That would have taken me hours as I don't know XML well and I would have had to trial and error until I got it working.

That's actually perfect. Awesome! Thanks for helping out. That would have taken me hours as I don't know XML well and I would have had to trial and error until I got it working.
    I'm very happy to help ☺ we could actually go further with it and adding some filter like "showing the checkbox only if the item requires attunement"! Eheh.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    I'm very happy to help ☺ we could actually go further with it and adding some filter like "showing the checkbox only if the item requires attunement"! Eheh.
    I don't know if that's necessary, but it looks like you've done something like that before with the 2 weapon extension you made. I did update what you had to allow from 1-10 slots, just in case someone wants to go hardcore with fewer attunements.

I don't know if that's necessary, but it looks like you've done something like that before with the 2 weapon extension you made. I did update what you had to allow from 1-10 slots, just in case someone wants to go hardcore with fewer attunements.
    Yes, I saw it. Thank you for the mention If I have time I might implement the filter too. In this period I'm in berserk mode for coding FG stuff ahah.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

That is AWESOME! Thanks st4lk3r87! Also thank you to dmssanctum for the original ext. I love these forums; so many friendly and helpful people.

I seem to have run into an issue - 2 of my characters seem to be able to ignore the attunement limit. I have the limit set at 3, and for two of my players, when they check a third item, the rest show the circle with a line through it, but the other two players don't. Any ideas why this might be occurring?

EDIT: After further testing, those two characters seem to allow one more attunement than the others - that is, if I set the limit to 3, two of the players can check 4 before the red circles show up, whereas if I change the limit to 2, those two players can check three, while the others can only check two.
    Last edited by Gozer the Gozerian; April 17th, 2019 at 07:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozer the Gozerian View Post
    I seem to have run into an issue - 2 of my characters seem to be able to ignore the attunement limit. I have the limit set at 3, and for two of my players, when they check a third item, the rest show the circle with a line through it, but the other two players don't. Any ideas why this might be occurring?

EDIT: After further testing, those two characters seem to allow one more attunement than the others - that is, if I set the limit to 3, two of the players can check 4 before the red circles show up, whereas if I change the limit to 2, those two players can check three, while the others can only check two.
    Try testing it without any other extensions enabled. There may be an incapability with one now that I am not aware of. Inconsistent behavior like that is normally a sign of two extensions fighting each other.

Blog Entries
    Also check the magic items themselves. One might be formatted differently and hence the extension is not seeing it as an attuned item? Maybe it's case sensitive or something is misspelled?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozer the Gozerian View Post

When I enabled the extension for the first time in my long running campaign I also had the same issue, but re-dropping the magic items fixed the problem.

Thread Information