STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    Looks like this was added to the core rules as of 6-01-21:

"[5E] Added attunement tracking in PC inventory."

Any reason to keep this extension loaded?
    Good catch! I removed the extension. You definitely don't need it. You can adjust # of items attuned in the options menu.

Looks like the day dmssanctum was waiting for has finally arrived. I've not had a chance to check this out myself yet (got a game on Friday, though) so I imagine the work here is done

Quote Originally Posted by badgr View Post
    Looks like the day dmssanctum was waiting for has finally arrived. I've not had a chance to check this out myself yet (got a game on Friday, though) so I imagine the work here is done
    I've got a game going on right now so I can't test yet either, but unless the extension adds something extra, no you won't need it.

Yep, looks good. The extension can be disabled. It works almost exactly the same. I've not looked at the code, so can't tell if it automates anything, but this is basically the feature we wanted in the base ruleset

The item will need to be identified before it give the little circle to enabled it to be checked that it is attuned. Took me a minute to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by badgr View Post
    Yep, looks good. The extension can be disabled. It works almost exactly the same. I've not looked at the code, so can't tell if it automates anything, but this is basically the feature we wanted in the base ruleset

Awesome. I'm glad they finally added this feature!

Yes, the item must be identified, and must have the text "Requires Attunement" in the Rarity item field; before you can attune to it.

Regards,
    JPG

I do note that it has changed from blocking you from attuning more items once you get to the limit to using a red text field showing the ratio of current to total. It does not stop you from over attuning.

Yes, it was simpler to implement; and provides the same amount of information. In the end, attunement is just tracking; and doesn't provide mechanical changes to behaviors.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the explanation. I was just alerting others (like me) who might be changing over that we would need to watch it now as the old ext prohibited that in the past, so it does change the (or at least this) GMs behavior
    Last edited by nephranka; June 2nd, 2021 at 19:50.

Thread Information