FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 13 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I couldnt work out what you meant by this - and then today I find the new feature!
    You can duplicate PCs in the Characters window by drag and drop like you can with other list entries!
    I just made module with mine and exported it as a pregen. :shrug:

I have attached a very basic character sheet utilizing parameters for the Ironsworn RPG. A dice roller with the dice command /iron should be added for it in 1.49. The character sheet will need that command implemented before it will work.

ironsworn_charsheet.xml

Pendragon Hint

After a good deal of hair pulling I finally figured out that the Pendragon dice roller string listed in the MoreCore User guide (https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#dicestrings) is incorrect. It currently reads "Pendragon: /pendragon 1d20 #" but should actually be "Pendragon: /pendragon #" . the other way will always give you a target number of 1.

BTW thanks Damned, despite being absolutely clueless I managed to make some very minor tweaks to the MCPendragon extension thanks to your videos, which I am slowly watching...and then rewatching several times until my brain manages to wrap itself around what you're teaching.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Hey mate,

Sorry about that... when I dont doco them straight away I forget how they work... Ive updated the doco and will upload just now. I spent a good amount of time updating the doco today as Im about to release 1.49
    1.49 offers a better version of the dot trackers - ok, not quite, thers no more dots and the dots felt fun, but simple max/cur numbers allow for much greater max numbers etc.

superteddy57 also nutted out a way to incorporate the Trackers into Rolls which will create a little maintenance work for anyone currently using Trackers but will then be much more versatile.

Please take do take the Pendragon extension - which was really just a skin - and make it really work. If you have some ideas and need some pointers please holler.
    And then share it back here!

I am not a programmer so forgive any glaring wtfs in the video tutorials. They are there to break down the/my process, and to work thru pretty much all the steps involved in extension or even ruleset dev and do it in manageable chunks. Dont worry that you have to watch something 6x. Some of those videos took me more than 10 hours to nut out myself for the 10min video you see.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tubel View Post
    BTW thanks Damned, despite being absolutely clueless I managed to make some very minor tweaks to the MCPendragon extension thanks to your videos, which I am slowly watching...and then rewatching several times until my brain manages to wrap itself around what you're teaching.
    Please take do take the Pendragon extension - which was really just a skin - and make it really work. If you have some ideas and need some pointers please holler.
    I will second these comments. I started with the MCPendragon extension, pulling it apart and playing with it. What I learned there and thanks to the videos, I'm working on a more appropriate HarnMaster extension than what I managed to cobble together before. Oh, it'll still be amateurish no doubt, but it'll get the job done.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    GunnarGreybeard

Please download the just posted 1.49 build of MoreCore
    It contains a new roll courtesy of David Stitt
    Harn Skill: /harnskill x#y# (roll 1d100 to determine success level given a Mastery Level and Penalty)
    Couple this with the Roll parameters and and you probably have what you need (I think David wrote it in response to your post).

Blog Entries
    Thanks damned. Downloading now but I just got off work so will need to wait till I get up this afternoon to give it a run through.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    Wow! damned, I don't know who this David Stitt guy is but send my thanks his way. He seems to have also coded in the criteria for testing against both the Minimum EML and Maximum EML stats.

Hey mate,

Sorry about that...
    Don't apologise, the fact I got anything to work at all is down to your generosity!

Will do, although it is extremely basic stuff so far like changing the logo thingy on startup message (really just a training exercise for me to make a first change without breaking anything) and then the slightly more taxing change to fix the look of the trackers/spells/locations/organisation buttons which i suspect were added after the MCPendragon theme was done. I have made some tentative beginnings at putting together a character sheet, so I am re-watching some of your vids on that too. I will most happily take your help and I see we are compatriots too :-)
    I am not a programmer so forgive any glaring wtfs in the video tutorials. They are there to break down the/my process, and to work thru pretty much all the steps involved in extension or even ruleset dev and do it in manageable chunks. Dont worry that you have to watch something 6x. Some of those videos took me more than 10 hours to nut out myself for the 10min video you see.
    You are waaaay ahead of me, it took me over an hour to figure out i had to unzip the .ext files to see all the bits and follow the advice to 'start with an existing extension to see how they work'. The XML is incomprehensible to me at the moment but i think as i start to play more and more it might click into place a bit. My brain doesn't naturally work this way so its quite a mental exercise for me.

Thread Information