FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Module Modifications

First of all sorry if it is not the right place...

Now to the question... im editing some modules that i have bought... and i noticed something... i have done all the editing... and the editing is right for sure... cause it was a minor edit... What i do is...

I take the mod from the appdata FG folder put it on desktop... rename to zip... take everything out unziping... edit the xml i want... then i use winrar and compact it all again and rename to .mod... what im doing wrong?

Bcuz after i do that, the FG does not recognize it as a mod anymore, meaning i cant load it because it does not show up...

Thanks!

What you are doing wrong is using winrar. Use the in build windows zipper. FG doesn’t recognise anything else except .zip files.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

And ZIP from inside the directory - select all the files for the module inside the module directory and ZIP those.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And ZIP from inside the directory - select all the files for the module inside the module directory and ZIP those.
    Oh that must be it then... because i tryed the windows built in zip as mentioned by our friend above, but it still didnt work... the .mod does not recognize folders then?

Yes it does. But if you zip up the entire folder instead of the contents of the folder then you have a folder too deep. The definition.xml file needs to be on the top level, not in another folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks guys, those hints were really helpful

Just so i dont create another thread for a similar matter... do you guys know, why i cant edit any of the spells? They are all read only, and i cant click on the lock to unlock it and edit and it seems that it works like that for all spells... as i tryed doing this on PBH and book of lost spells with same results

You need to copy stuff like that and edit the copy. Everything which is produced in reference manual format (PHB, DMG, MM) is locked by default.

Yea but then i will have a duplicate of the spell, i need to edit the xml if i want to edit the spell description?

The idea of spell reference modules is that they always contain the original version of the spell - hence why it is read-only. If you want to edit the spell you need to make a copy of it and modify that copy.

In theory you could edit the original module XML (if the module is not encrypted), but you'd then get this overwritten every time you ran a FG update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information